Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
August 11, 2018
Here are the stories that were read the most this week and trended!
An amazing assistive tool for people with visual disabilities was launched this week. The 6 by 6 app from Barrierbreak helps blind people to identify currency notes and also do a lot more. The app is available for free on the playstore for android phones.
In sports news, four deaf wrestlers from Haryana who won medals for the country at the Turkey Deaflympics are still waiting for prize money they were promised.
Activists have been raising voice against the sexual assault on women and girls. Activist are calling for a system to be enacted that will allow disabled girls, women to report sexual assault.
For people with disability who wish to join the Indian Civil Service here is a unique opportunity. Hosabelaku is a Bengaluru-based coaching centre that offers a one year residential course that is inclusive for disabled aspirants.
One of the most respected politician and DMK chief M Karunanidhi passed away at the age of 94 years. Karunanidhi remained an active politician despite being a wheelchair user and never lost an election. He was fondly called Kalaignar by his followers.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Education April 11, 2019 Chandigarh takes baby steps towards inclusion with new education policy
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Celebrities step up to support REV-UP campaign for inclusive elections
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Technology April 11, 2019 Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News