Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
August 11, 2018
Here are the stories that were read the most this week and trended!
An amazing assistive tool for people with visual disabilities was launched this week. The 6 by 6 app from Barrierbreak helps blind people to identify currency notes and also do a lot more. The app is available for free on the playstore for android phones.
In sports news, four deaf wrestlers from Haryana who won medals for the country at the Turkey Deaflympics are still waiting for prize money they were promised.
Activists have been raising voice against the sexual assault on women and girls. Activist are calling for a system to be enacted that will allow disabled girls, women to report sexual assault.
For people with disability who wish to join the Indian Civil Service here is a unique opportunity. Hosabelaku is a Bengaluru-based coaching centre that offers a one year residential course that is inclusive for disabled aspirants.
One of the most respected politician and DMK chief M Karunanidhi passed away at the age of 94 years. Karunanidhi remained an active politician despite being a wheelchair user and never lost an election. He was fondly called Kalaignar by his followers.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News