Para shuttler Manasi Joshi has set her sights high for the 1st Asian Para Games
August 12, 2018
With less than two months to go before she takes part in her first Asian Para Games in Jakarta, para badminton player, Manasi Joshi is busy preparing at the nets.
The 29-year-old, who is also a software engineer, has badminton guru P Gopi Chand mentoring her. The national badminton coach has been helping her prep by giving her useful tips at his academy in Hyderabad. Joshi has taken a break from work for four months in her quest for an Asiad medal. Based in Gujarat, she is thrilled to be training at what is regarded as India's premier center for badminton.
Joshi lost her left leg in a road accident in Mumbai in 2011. Always an active sportsperson since her school days, she was never a serious badminton player. She believes that sports has been a great teacher, enabling her to handle the challenges that life brings.
Joshi has rarely come back without a medal in any of her international events. Since she started competing internationally in 2015, she has won a silver in mixed doubles in the 2015 Worlds, bronze in 2016 women's singles, 2017 World championship bronze and a gold in an event in Spain.
Not just Gopi Chand but even senior players like P V Sindhu are helping Joshi prepare for the big event. She is on a high, having won a bronze in the women's singles at the Thailand Para Championship held recently.
Given her fierce attitude and the strong support, this young woman is definitely making a name for herself in Jakarta!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Accessibility May 13, 2019 Do more than reserve coaches, disabled community tell Indian Railways
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Events May 15, 2019 Interpreting & Using Children’s Drawings as Tools for Diagnosis
- Headlines May 15, 2019 No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 In a first, people with disabilities attend the famous Thrissur Pooram
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked April 30, 2019