Your search for a soulmate ends here at Marry Street!
August 13, 2018
Do you know someone with a disability who is ready for marriage and is on the lookout for a soulmate? Your search ends at Marry Street, a venture that promotes coming together of disabled people and those without disabilities to choose their life partner.
It all began when organizers of Marry Street held an event called Porutham at Kozhikode in Kerala in February last year. This was in the lines of a swayamvara, where people with and without disabilities came together to choose a life partner.
There was a huge turnout for the event with over 700 people taking part! Post the success of Porutham, over 13 disabled couples found their partners and got married!
There are many NGOs and companies that help disabled people get an education and jobs. But how many of them ensure that these people find a soulmate? We have come across very few parties that facilitate weddings for disabled people. Marry Street aims to do that - Thasleem T P, Co-founder, Marry Street
While Marry Street reaches out to people with and without disabilities, there is a clear priority given to disabled people. The best part about this matrimonial website is that registrations are free for disabled people.
We want more disabled people to come forward and register with Marry Street. We had Malayalis from different parts of the state attend our event 'Porutham'. We would love to have disabled people from across India for our next event. Maybe this is the platform where you are going to meet your soulmate - Thasleem T P, Co-founder, Marry Street
The Marry Street team plans to hold the second edition of Porutham event very soon, most likely in September this year. There are plans to start such events in Bengaluru and Mumbai too.
The Marry Street team also ensures that venues for the events are accessible. Wheelchair ramps and disabled-friendly toilets top the list. Their last event in Kozhikode was attended by people from across Kerala.
The Marry Street team is open to collaborating NGOs that work for disabled people. They are always happy to lend a helping hand to NGOs that want to get disabled people married off.
To register yourself or your loved ones to Marry Street, login to https://www.marrystreet.com/.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News