Your search for a soulmate ends here at Marry Street!
August 13, 2018
Do you know someone with a disability who is ready for marriage and is on the lookout for a soulmate? Your search ends at Marry Street, a venture that promotes coming together of disabled people and those without disabilities to choose their life partner.
It all began when organizers of Marry Street held an event called Porutham at Kozhikode in Kerala in February last year. This was in the lines of a swayamvara, where people with and without disabilities came together to choose a life partner.
There was a huge turnout for the event with over 700 people taking part! Post the success of Porutham, over 13 disabled couples found their partners and got married!
There are many NGOs and companies that help disabled people get an education and jobs. But how many of them ensure that these people find a soulmate? We have come across very few parties that facilitate weddings for disabled people. Marry Street aims to do that - Thasleem T P, Co-founder, Marry Street
While Marry Street reaches out to people with and without disabilities, there is a clear priority given to disabled people. The best part about this matrimonial website is that registrations are free for disabled people.
We want more disabled people to come forward and register with Marry Street. We had Malayalis from different parts of the state attend our event 'Porutham'. We would love to have disabled people from across India for our next event. Maybe this is the platform where you are going to meet your soulmate - Thasleem T P, Co-founder, Marry Street
The Marry Street team plans to hold the second edition of Porutham event very soon, most likely in September this year. There are plans to start such events in Bengaluru and Mumbai too.
The Marry Street team also ensures that venues for the events are accessible. Wheelchair ramps and disabled-friendly toilets top the list. Their last event in Kozhikode was attended by people from across Kerala.
The Marry Street team is open to collaborating NGOs that work for disabled people. They are always happy to lend a helping hand to NGOs that want to get disabled people married off.
To register yourself or your loved ones to Marry Street, login to https://www.marrystreet.com/.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News