Your search for a soulmate ends here at Marry Street!
August 13, 2018
Do you know someone with a disability who is ready for marriage and is on the lookout for a soulmate? Your search ends at Marry Street, a venture that promotes coming together of disabled people and those without disabilities to choose their life partner.
It all began when organizers of Marry Street held an event called Porutham at Kozhikode in Kerala in February last year. This was in the lines of a swayamvara, where people with and without disabilities came together to choose a life partner.
There was a huge turnout for the event with over 700 people taking part! Post the success of Porutham, over 13 disabled couples found their partners and got married!
There are many NGOs and companies that help disabled people get an education and jobs. But how many of them ensure that these people find a soulmate? We have come across very few parties that facilitate weddings for disabled people. Marry Street aims to do that - Thasleem T P, Co-founder, Marry Street
While Marry Street reaches out to people with and without disabilities, there is a clear priority given to disabled people. The best part about this matrimonial website is that registrations are free for disabled people.
We want more disabled people to come forward and register with Marry Street. We had Malayalis from different parts of the state attend our event 'Porutham'. We would love to have disabled people from across India for our next event. Maybe this is the platform where you are going to meet your soulmate - Thasleem T P, Co-founder, Marry Street
The Marry Street team plans to hold the second edition of Porutham event very soon, most likely in September this year. There are plans to start such events in Bengaluru and Mumbai too.
The Marry Street team also ensures that venues for the events are accessible. Wheelchair ramps and disabled-friendly toilets top the list. Their last event in Kozhikode was attended by people from across Kerala.
The Marry Street team is open to collaborating NGOs that work for disabled people. They are always happy to lend a helping hand to NGOs that want to get disabled people married off.
To register yourself or your loved ones to Marry Street, login to https://www.marrystreet.com/.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News