Webinar - "Global Developmental Delay: What more to be done?"
NISH online Interactive Disability Awareness Seminar (NIDAS), is a joint initiative of Social Justice Directorate (SJD) of Kerala, India & National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, to spread disability awareness and provide a platform for the parents & caregivers of individuals with differential ability to impart implications of disability among them.
NIDAS was conceived when NISH received a letter from a mother of rural Kasaragod, requesting to provide training for parents of children with intellectual disability. NISH, wholeheartedly accepted the request and in association with SJD, commenced NIDAS in October, 2015.
Every third Saturdays, NIDAS conducts online sessions on various dimensions of 21 disabilities enlisted under Rights of Persons With Disability (RPWD) Act, 2016. We invite subject experts from different fields, so that the public can benefit to utmost.
NIDAS conducts a session on 'Global Developmental Delay: WHat more to be done? this month.
Speaker: Ms. Aswathi A.K. Speech Language Pathologist, Department of Neuro Development Science, NISH, Thiruvananthapuram.
The term 'developmental delay' or 'global development delay' is used when a child takes longer to reach certain development milestones than other children in the first 5 years.
This might include learning to walk or talk, movement skills, learning new things and interacting with others socially and emotionally. This session talks about the causes, importance of early identification & intervention and the management & rehabilitation options for the children suffering from Global Developmental Delay.
- Starts on: Saturday, 18 Aug 2018 at 10:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 18 Aug 2018 at 01:00 PM
- City: Thiruvananthapuram
- Location: NISH, Thiruvananthapuram & DCPUs of all districts in Kerala, India
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: NISH online Interactive Disability Awareness Seminar
- Organizer Phone: 0471-3066675, 3066678
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://nidas.nish.ac.in/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 Understanding Teaching Nonverbal Children
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Parasports August 26, 2019 National selection camp for wheelchair basketball underway in Chennai
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News