Webinar - "Global Developmental Delay: What more to be done?"
NISH online Interactive Disability Awareness Seminar (NIDAS), is a joint initiative of Social Justice Directorate (SJD) of Kerala, India & National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, to spread disability awareness and provide a platform for the parents & caregivers of individuals with differential ability to impart implications of disability among them.
NIDAS was conceived when NISH received a letter from a mother of rural Kasaragod, requesting to provide training for parents of children with intellectual disability. NISH, wholeheartedly accepted the request and in association with SJD, commenced NIDAS in October, 2015.
Every third Saturdays, NIDAS conducts online sessions on various dimensions of 21 disabilities enlisted under Rights of Persons With Disability (RPWD) Act, 2016. We invite subject experts from different fields, so that the public can benefit to utmost.
NIDAS conducts a session on 'Global Developmental Delay: WHat more to be done? this month.
Speaker: Ms. Aswathi A.K. Speech Language Pathologist, Department of Neuro Development Science, NISH, Thiruvananthapuram.
The term 'developmental delay' or 'global development delay' is used when a child takes longer to reach certain development milestones than other children in the first 5 years.
This might include learning to walk or talk, movement skills, learning new things and interacting with others socially and emotionally. This session talks about the causes, importance of early identification & intervention and the management & rehabilitation options for the children suffering from Global Developmental Delay.
- Starts on: Saturday, 18 Aug 2018 at 10:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 18 Aug 2018 at 01:00 PM
- City: Thiruvananthapuram
- Location: NISH, Thiruvananthapuram & DCPUs of all districts in Kerala, India
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: NISH online Interactive Disability Awareness Seminar
- Organizer Phone: 0471-3066675, 3066678
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://nidas.nish.ac.in/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Employment May 16, 2019 Umbrella By Differently Abled empowers people with spinal cord injuries
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News