Special movie screening in Pune by deaf filmmakers RH Films
August 15, 2018
RH Films made news a few months ago for a major film screening event in Mumbai that showcased several of their creations.
Deaf film-makers Rajesh Kulkarni and Hemang Somaiyya lead the movie making
company and are constantly exploring their creative sides.
The huge success of the show in Mumbai got them an invitation from Pune and a movie screening of the silent films was held in Pune recently. The screening was held on 12 August and was attended by around 400 people. Sign language interpreters were also present at the event. The screening was held in collaboration with ADDD - All District Deaf Development, an organization that works for empowerment of deaf people in Pune region. RH Films has created several films and all movies feature deaf actors. The movies are based on very interesting topics such as horror, and patriotism are extremely entertaining. The movies that were screened on Sunday included the award winning feature Onion bank.
Here is the list of movies that were enjoyed by the deaf and hearing audience on Sunday.
Jan man gan
Love my India
The love story
The 5 Star
Hemang Somaiyya also gave a short lecture about the use of 3D animation and special effects that went into the making of these amazing movies.
The team behind RH Films had started as a drama group and have won awards for many programs held across Maharashtra.
RH Films has been receiving requests for such screenings from various parts of the country and they are happy with the popularity that their movies are getting.
The response from the audience has encouraged us to arrange more screenings for the deaf audience. Hemang Somaiyya, RH Films
The next screening will be held in the next few months and will again enchant the audience with their creativity.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News