Special movie screening in Pune by deaf filmmakers RH Films
RH Films made news a few months ago for a major film screening event in Mumbai that showcased several of their creations.
Deaf film-makers Rajesh Kulkarni and Hemang Somaiyya lead the movie making
company and are constantly exploring their creative sides.
The huge success of the show in Mumbai got them an invitation from Pune and a movie screening of the silent films was held in Pune recently. The screening was held on 12 August and was attended by around 400 people. Sign language interpreters were also present at the event. The screening was held in collaboration with ADDD - All District Deaf Development, an organization that works for empowerment of deaf people in Pune region. RH Films has created several films and all movies feature deaf actors. The movies are based on very interesting topics such as horror, and patriotism are extremely entertaining. The movies that were screened on Sunday included the award winning feature Onion bank.
Here is the list of movies that were enjoyed by the deaf and hearing audience on Sunday.
Jan man gan
Love my India
The love story
The 5 Star
Hemang Somaiyya also gave a short lecture about the use of 3D animation and special effects that went into the making of these amazing movies.
The team behind RH Films had started as a drama group and have won awards for many programs held across Maharashtra.
RH Films has been receiving requests for such screenings from various parts of the country and they are happy with the popularity that their movies are getting.
The response from the audience has encouraged us to arrange more screenings for the deaf audience. Hemang Somaiyya, RH Films
The next screening will be held in the next few months and will again enchant the audience with their creativity.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Accessibility January 16, 2019 Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Headlines January 22, 2019 India vs New Zealand - Dhoni close to breaking Sachin's record
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News