Special movie screening in Pune by deaf filmmakers RH Films
August 15, 2018
RH Films made news a few months ago for a major film screening event in Mumbai that showcased several of their creations.
Deaf film-makers Rajesh Kulkarni and Hemang Somaiyya lead the movie making
company and are constantly exploring their creative sides.
The huge success of the show in Mumbai got them an invitation from Pune and a movie screening of the silent films was held in Pune recently. The screening was held on 12 August and was attended by around 400 people. Sign language interpreters were also present at the event. The screening was held in collaboration with ADDD - All District Deaf Development, an organization that works for empowerment of deaf people in Pune region. RH Films has created several films and all movies feature deaf actors. The movies are based on very interesting topics such as horror, and patriotism are extremely entertaining. The movies that were screened on Sunday included the award winning feature Onion bank.
Here is the list of movies that were enjoyed by the deaf and hearing audience on Sunday.
Jan man gan
Love my India
The love story
The 5 Star
Hemang Somaiyya also gave a short lecture about the use of 3D animation and special effects that went into the making of these amazing movies.
The team behind RH Films had started as a drama group and have won awards for many programs held across Maharashtra.
RH Films has been receiving requests for such screenings from various parts of the country and they are happy with the popularity that their movies are getting.
The response from the audience has encouraged us to arrange more screenings for the deaf audience. Hemang Somaiyya, RH Films
The next screening will be held in the next few months and will again enchant the audience with their creativity.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 #BeingMom - In empowering her daughter, Sangeetha John's life became richer
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 An exclusive anthem for children with hearing disabilities aims to spread awareness
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News