Special movie screening in Pune by deaf filmmakers RH Films
August 15, 2018
RH Films made news a few months ago for a major film screening event in Mumbai that showcased several of their creations.
Deaf film-makers Rajesh Kulkarni and Hemang Somaiyya lead the movie making
company and are constantly exploring their creative sides.
The huge success of the show in Mumbai got them an invitation from Pune and a movie screening of the silent films was held in Pune recently. The screening was held on 12 August and was attended by around 400 people. Sign language interpreters were also present at the event. The screening was held in collaboration with ADDD - All District Deaf Development, an organization that works for empowerment of deaf people in Pune region. RH Films has created several films and all movies feature deaf actors. The movies are based on very interesting topics such as horror, and patriotism are extremely entertaining. The movies that were screened on Sunday included the award winning feature Onion bank.
Here is the list of movies that were enjoyed by the deaf and hearing audience on Sunday.
Jan man gan
Love my India
The love story
The 5 Star
Hemang Somaiyya also gave a short lecture about the use of 3D animation and special effects that went into the making of these amazing movies.
The team behind RH Films had started as a drama group and have won awards for many programs held across Maharashtra.
RH Films has been receiving requests for such screenings from various parts of the country and they are happy with the popularity that their movies are getting.
The response from the audience has encouraged us to arrange more screenings for the deaf audience. Hemang Somaiyya, RH Films
The next screening will be held in the next few months and will again enchant the audience with their creativity.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Autism and Head banging
August 18, 2019
- Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
August 18, 2019
- Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
August 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 Challenge your disability to challenge people who think you can't make it in life - By Ephraim Ddiba
- Headlines August 11, 2019 Omar Abdullah's party challenges Centre's move on J&K
- Events August 14, 2019 Deaf short film Festival 2019
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 A personal struggle inspired this elderly couple to start Balajothi Centre to empower disabled children
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 PM Modi's direction to develop app for disabled people welcomed
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News