The Colored Zebra brings theatre therapy for special needs kids, young adults
August 20, 2018
The world over, theatre is a proven method of teaching social and communication skills to children and adults with special needs. An experience that The Colored Zebra, an organization in Delhi, is looking to bring here in India as well.
The Coloured Zebra is working to encourage the development of people with disabilities and the creation of an inclusive society.
It does this through workshops that focus on training and skills development, an initiative that has helped change the lives of many people with disabilities. One of their much-in-demand workshop for special needs children is the Therapy Through Theatre workshop.
The Therapy Through Theatre is a special workshop that combines theatre with Occupational therapy, Speech therapy and Behavioral therapy.
After the success of two previous phases of the theatre workshop, the third phase of the Theater workshop is to start in September this year. This time it promised to be bigger and better!
The six-month-long theatre course for children and young adults with special needs will start from 1 September.
Theatre workshop has been found to be extremely effective in the development of children with special needs.
Some of the benefits that this workshop will provide include:
- Personality Development.
- Improvement of fine and gross motor skills.
- Reduce gravitational fear.
- Improvement of balance of left and right brain.
- Enhances cognitive memory and logical skills.
- Improvement of expressive communication.
- Reduced stage fear.
The workshop sessions are not crowded and only focus on 10 students at a time.
Specially trained staff will accompany the participants at all times in 3:1 ratio and help them have fun and grow while learning bout Theatre.
Parents whose kids attended the earlier workshops are very happy and satisfied with the workshop. Parents found that the children gained a lot of confidence through the workshop. The body language and posture of the children all should improvement.
For more information about the The Colored Zebra click here.
Watch in Sign Language
- "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
March 20, 2019
- Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
March 20, 2019
- Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
March 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Learn valuable self-defense techniques at this session for disabled women in Mumbai
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Headlines March 15, 2019 Boeing 737 MAX 8 banned by several countries after 2nd crash in 5 months
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Discriminatory medical admission guidelines regarding disabled aspirants crush this Ranchi doctor's dream
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News