The Colored Zebra brings theatre therapy for special needs kids, young adults
August 20, 2018
The world over, theatre is a proven method of teaching social and communication skills to children and adults with special needs. An experience that The Colored Zebra, an organization in Delhi, is looking to bring here in India as well.
The Coloured Zebra is working to encourage the development of people with disabilities and the creation of an inclusive society.
It does this through workshops that focus on training and skills development, an initiative that has helped change the lives of many people with disabilities. One of their much-in-demand workshop for special needs children is the Therapy Through Theatre workshop.
The Therapy Through Theatre is a special workshop that combines theatre with Occupational therapy, Speech therapy and Behavioral therapy.
After the success of two previous phases of the theatre workshop, the third phase of the Theater workshop is to start in September this year. This time it promised to be bigger and better!
The six-month-long theatre course for children and young adults with special needs will start from 1 September.
Theatre workshop has been found to be extremely effective in the development of children with special needs.
Some of the benefits that this workshop will provide include:
- Personality Development.
- Improvement of fine and gross motor skills.
- Reduce gravitational fear.
- Improvement of balance of left and right brain.
- Enhances cognitive memory and logical skills.
- Improvement of expressive communication.
- Reduced stage fear.
The workshop sessions are not crowded and only focus on 10 students at a time.
Specially trained staff will accompany the participants at all times in 3:1 ratio and help them have fun and grow while learning bout Theatre.
Parents whose kids attended the earlier workshops are very happy and satisfied with the workshop. Parents found that the children gained a lot of confidence through the workshop. The body language and posture of the children all should improvement.
For more information about the The Colored Zebra click here.
Watch in Sign Language
- Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
- Headlines August 26, 2019 High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Parasports August 26, 2019 India para shuttlers win 12 medals at BWF World Championship Para-Badminton 2019
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
- Technology August 25, 2019 18-year-old with autism wins fans across the world with his app Aumi
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News