The Colored Zebra brings theatre therapy for special needs kids, young adults
The world over, theatre is a proven method of teaching social and communication skills to children and adults with special needs. An experience that The Colored Zebra, an organization in Delhi, is looking to bring here in India as well.
The Coloured Zebra is working to encourage the development of people with disabilities and the creation of an inclusive society.
It does this through workshops that focus on training and skills development, an initiative that has helped change the lives of many people with disabilities. One of their much-in-demand workshop for special needs children is the Therapy Through Theatre workshop.
The Therapy Through Theatre is a special workshop that combines theatre with Occupational therapy, Speech therapy and Behavioral therapy.
After the success of two previous phases of the theatre workshop, the third phase of the Theater workshop is to start in September this year. This time it promised to be bigger and better!
The six-month-long theatre course for children and young adults with special needs will start from 1 September.
Theatre workshop has been found to be extremely effective in the development of children with special needs.
Some of the benefits that this workshop will provide include:
• Personality Development.
• Improvement of fine and gross motor skills.
• Reduce gravitational fear.
• Improvement of balance of left and right brain.
• Enhances cognitive memory and logical skills.
• Improvement of expressive communication.
• Reduced stage fear.
The workshop sessions are not crowded and only focus on 10 students at a time.
Specially trained staff will accompany the participants at all times in 3:1 ratio and help them have fun and grow while learning bout Theatre.
Parents whose kids attended the earlier workshops are very happy and satisfied with the workshop. Parents found that the children gained a lot of confidence through the workshop. The body language and posture of the children all should improvement.
For more information about the The Colored Zebra click here.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Technology January 23, 2019 Inspiration is just a phone call away thanks to EnAble Vaani
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Dhoni set to add another milestone
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News