The Colored Zebra brings theatre therapy for special needs kids, young adults
The world over, theatre is a proven method of teaching social and communication skills to children and adults with special needs. An experience that The Colored Zebra, an organization in Delhi, is looking to bring here in India as well.
The Coloured Zebra is working to encourage the development of people with disabilities and the creation of an inclusive society.
It does this through workshops that focus on training and skills development, an initiative that has helped change the lives of many people with disabilities. One of their much-in-demand workshop for special needs children is the Therapy Through Theatre workshop.
The Therapy Through Theatre is a special workshop that combines theatre with Occupational therapy, Speech therapy and Behavioral therapy.
After the success of two previous phases of the theatre workshop, the third phase of the Theater workshop is to start in September this year. This time it promised to be bigger and better!
The six-month-long theatre course for children and young adults with special needs will start from 1 September.
Theatre workshop has been found to be extremely effective in the development of children with special needs.
Some of the benefits that this workshop will provide include:
• Personality Development.
• Improvement of fine and gross motor skills.
• Reduce gravitational fear.
• Improvement of balance of left and right brain.
• Enhances cognitive memory and logical skills.
• Improvement of expressive communication.
• Reduced stage fear.
The workshop sessions are not crowded and only focus on 10 students at a time.
Specially trained staff will accompany the participants at all times in 3:1 ratio and help them have fun and grow while learning bout Theatre.
Parents whose kids attended the earlier workshops are very happy and satisfied with the workshop. Parents found that the children gained a lot of confidence through the workshop. The body language and posture of the children all should improvement.
For more information about the The Colored Zebra click here.
Watch in Sign Language
- Why financial planning is key when you have a child with a disability
November 21, 2018
- Some tips to make day to day activities easier for disabled children
November 21, 2018
- What causes autism? Some information
November 21, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Image of 'Statue of Unity' from space released by American company
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 Why financial planning is key when you have a child with a disability
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 6 Pro in India this week
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Events November 21, 2018 Teaching with Emotional Intelligence’
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Women's World T20 - India on top of Group B after beating Australia
- Headlines November 21, 2018 India Vs Australia Twenty20 International series begins today
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 19, 2018
Get-hooked November 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018