The Colored Zebra brings theatre therapy for special needs kids, young adults
August 20, 2018
The world over, theatre is a proven method of teaching social and communication skills to children and adults with special needs. An experience that The Colored Zebra, an organization in Delhi, is looking to bring here in India as well.
The Coloured Zebra is working to encourage the development of people with disabilities and the creation of an inclusive society.
It does this through workshops that focus on training and skills development, an initiative that has helped change the lives of many people with disabilities. One of their much-in-demand workshop for special needs children is the Therapy Through Theatre workshop.
The Therapy Through Theatre is a special workshop that combines theatre with Occupational therapy, Speech therapy and Behavioral therapy.
After the success of two previous phases of the theatre workshop, the third phase of the Theater workshop is to start in September this year. This time it promised to be bigger and better!
The six-month-long theatre course for children and young adults with special needs will start from 1 September.
Theatre workshop has been found to be extremely effective in the development of children with special needs.
Some of the benefits that this workshop will provide include:
- Personality Development.
- Improvement of fine and gross motor skills.
- Reduce gravitational fear.
- Improvement of balance of left and right brain.
- Enhances cognitive memory and logical skills.
- Improvement of expressive communication.
- Reduced stage fear.
The workshop sessions are not crowded and only focus on 10 students at a time.
Specially trained staff will accompany the participants at all times in 3:1 ratio and help them have fun and grow while learning bout Theatre.
Parents whose kids attended the earlier workshops are very happy and satisfied with the workshop. Parents found that the children gained a lot of confidence through the workshop. The body language and posture of the children all should improvement.
For more information about the The Colored Zebra click here.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News