This new DeepMind Artificial Intelligence technique just detected over 50 eye diseases!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the new in-thing in technology now. They are even gearing up to take over human doctors by diagnosing diseases. According to reports, a group of researchers from Google’s DeepMind subsidiary have created software that can identify over 50 eye diseases from 3D scans. This would also help recommend right treatments for patients!
3D scans of a patient’s eyes are taken using the Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) technique. This is one of the most common techniques used by doctors as well. OCT is very helpful as it helps in identification and treatment of many eye diseases. The earlier it is detected, the better.
Researchers used scans of over 7500 patients in order to check the success of this AI.
The software is not yet ready for clinical use. But in a few years, experts believe that it will be installed in hospitals in order to diagnose diseases. This can even help in diagnosing life threatening and complicated diseases. For now, we will have to wait and see how long this is going to take!
Watch in Sign Language
- Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
November 19, 2018
- Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
November 13, 2018
- Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
November 12, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 20, 2018 Amritsar grenade attack puts Punjab Police on the backfoot
- Accessibility November 21, 2018 Accessible toilets remain a distant dream for India's disabled community
- Headlines November 21, 2018 India Vs Australia Twenty20 International series begins today
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Delhi air quality still poor, authorities consider artificial rain
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 What causes autism? Some information
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 6 Pro in India this week
- Events November 21, 2018 Workshop on Child Safety and Protection
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018