Delhi boy with Cerebral Palsy wins gold medals at World Games
Divyesh Somdagar has made the country proud by winning gold medals at the Cerebral Palsy World Games.
The Cerebral Palsy International Sport & Recreation Association (CPISRA) World Games were held in San Cugat in Spain from 6th to 12th August 2018.
Divyesh Somdagar is from Delhi and has Cerebral Palsy. He won the golds in the 200m and 400m race track events.
His mother is very happy with his success although she was earlier concerned about sending him alone to Spain for the Games.
The funding for his travelling was collected through crowd funding and Divyesh did not receive any financial help from the government.
Divyesh got the support of people around him and that helped him to fulfill his dream of representing India and winning.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
November 20, 2018
- Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
November 20, 2018
- Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
November 19, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO leaves a good message to society
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018