Meet Naidhrovan, founder of Nappinnai that makes e-scooters for disabled people and elderly!
August 18, 2018
27 year old Naidhrovan is a genius who has beaten all odds to chase his dreams. This MBA graduate hails from Chennai in Tamil Nadu. He was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy as a kid. But that has never come as a deterrent in chasing his dreams. Naidhrovan now runs a company called Nappinnai Pvt Ltd that makes e-scooters for easy accessibility!
Muscular dystrophy is a condition that causes increased weakening and breakdown of skeletal muscles over a period of time.
Naidhrovan developed an interest in e-scooters at a young age, thanks to his father! This youngster recalls how his father, an engineer, once made a scooter for him by watching videos online. This triggered a spark in Naidhrovan, making him learn and develop an e-scooter later on in life.
Naidhrovan did months of research on automobile industry and entrepreneurship before kick-starting his own company Nappinnai. Once he started the company, it gave him a sense of independence and confidence!
Many companies rejected his job application due to his disability. Naidhrovan recollects how he struggled to get a job after his post graduation from the prestigious Anna University.
That was when the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) came to his rescue. He could start a company of his own. He developed his own team in 2015. Now Nappinnai Pvt Ltd makes e-scooters that make mobility easy to many people with disabilities and even elderly people!
His e-scooters are very light and do not exceed 25 km/hr making it user-friendly for many. Naidhrovan had always dreamt of becoming the owner of an automotive business. That is just what this youngster has achieved. He is truly an inspiration to all of us!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Headlines March 15, 2019 Boeing 737 MAX 8 banned by several countries after 2nd crash in 5 months
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News