Meet Naidhrovan, founder of Nappinnai that makes e-scooters for disabled people and elderly!
27 year old Naidhrovan is a genius who has beaten all odds to chase his dreams. This MBA graduate hails from Chennai in Tamil Nadu. He was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy as a kid. But that has never come as a deterrent in chasing his dreams. Naidhrovan now runs a company called Nappinnai Pvt Ltd that makes e-scooters for easy accessibility!
Muscular dystrophy is a condition that causes increased weakening and breakdown of skeletal muscles over a period of time.
Naidhrovan developed an interest in e-scooters at a young age, thanks to his father! This youngster recalls how his father, an engineer, once made a scooter for him by watching videos online. This triggered a spark in Naidhrovan, making him learn and develop an e-scooter later on in life.
Naidhrovan did months of research on automobile industry and entrepreneurship before kick-starting his own company Nappinnai. Once he started the company, it gave him a sense of independence and confidence!
Many companies rejected his job application due to his disability. Naidhrovan recollects how he struggled to get a job after his post graduation from the prestigious Anna University.
That was when the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) came to his rescue. He could start a company of his own. He developed his own team in 2015. Now Nappinnai Pvt Ltd makes e-scooters that make mobility easy to many people with disabilities and even elderly people!
His e-scooters are very light and do not exceed 25 km/hr making it user-friendly for many. Naidhrovan had always dreamt of becoming the owner of an automotive business. That is just what this youngster has achieved. He is truly an inspiration to all of us!
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Headlines January 17, 2019 India's D Gukesh is world’s 2nd youngest chess grandmaster
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 15, 2019
Get-hooked January 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News