Meet Naidhrovan, founder of Nappinnai that makes e-scooters for disabled people and elderly!
August 18, 2018
27 year old Naidhrovan is a genius who has beaten all odds to chase his dreams. This MBA graduate hails from Chennai in Tamil Nadu. He was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy as a kid. But that has never come as a deterrent in chasing his dreams. Naidhrovan now runs a company called Nappinnai Pvt Ltd that makes e-scooters for easy accessibility!
Muscular dystrophy is a condition that causes increased weakening and breakdown of skeletal muscles over a period of time.
Naidhrovan developed an interest in e-scooters at a young age, thanks to his father! This youngster recalls how his father, an engineer, once made a scooter for him by watching videos online. This triggered a spark in Naidhrovan, making him learn and develop an e-scooter later on in life.
Naidhrovan did months of research on automobile industry and entrepreneurship before kick-starting his own company Nappinnai. Once he started the company, it gave him a sense of independence and confidence!
Many companies rejected his job application due to his disability. Naidhrovan recollects how he struggled to get a job after his post graduation from the prestigious Anna University.
That was when the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) came to his rescue. He could start a company of his own. He developed his own team in 2015. Now Nappinnai Pvt Ltd makes e-scooters that make mobility easy to many people with disabilities and even elderly people!
His e-scooters are very light and do not exceed 25 km/hr making it user-friendly for many. Naidhrovan had always dreamt of becoming the owner of an automotive business. That is just what this youngster has achieved. He is truly an inspiration to all of us!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 26, 2019 #SidhuQuitPolitics trends on social media
- Headlines May 26, 2019 PM Modi biopic earns 3 crore
- Events May 26, 2019 31st International Conference on Cancer Research and therapy
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Pune centre builds awareness, stands up to the stigma around schizophrenia
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 An exclusive anthem for children with hearing disabilities aims to spread awareness
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News