Meet Naidhrovan, founder of Nappinnai that makes e-scooters for disabled people and elderly!
August 18, 2018
27 year old Naidhrovan is a genius who has beaten all odds to chase his dreams. This MBA graduate hails from Chennai in Tamil Nadu. He was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy as a kid. But that has never come as a deterrent in chasing his dreams. Naidhrovan now runs a company called Nappinnai Pvt Ltd that makes e-scooters for easy accessibility!
Muscular dystrophy is a condition that causes increased weakening and breakdown of skeletal muscles over a period of time.
Naidhrovan developed an interest in e-scooters at a young age, thanks to his father! This youngster recalls how his father, an engineer, once made a scooter for him by watching videos online. This triggered a spark in Naidhrovan, making him learn and develop an e-scooter later on in life.
Naidhrovan did months of research on automobile industry and entrepreneurship before kick-starting his own company Nappinnai. Once he started the company, it gave him a sense of independence and confidence!
Many companies rejected his job application due to his disability. Naidhrovan recollects how he struggled to get a job after his post graduation from the prestigious Anna University.
That was when the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) came to his rescue. He could start a company of his own. He developed his own team in 2015. Now Nappinnai Pvt Ltd makes e-scooters that make mobility easy to many people with disabilities and even elderly people!
His e-scooters are very light and do not exceed 25 km/hr making it user-friendly for many. Naidhrovan had always dreamt of becoming the owner of an automotive business. That is just what this youngster has achieved. He is truly an inspiration to all of us!
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Autism and Head banging
August 18, 2019
- Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
August 18, 2019
- Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
August 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News