Feeling Fireworks, Disney's latest project allows blind people to experience fireworks!
Now a blind and visually person can actually 'feel' fireworks! Thanks to Disney's latest project, called Feeling Fireworks, the thrill and magic of a fireworks display is set to become inclusive!
Feeling Fireworks is a collaboration between Disney Research and German tech university, UTH Zurich. It is mostly made up of a large latex screen that users put their hands against.
There is a motion-sensing input device behind the screen which will sense the user's hands and direct water jets at the screen, which is flexible. This will allow the user to feel tactile fireworks.
The water jets have different nozzles for specific effects. There are two nozzles, each with a blooming effect and a crackle effect, and there are three nozzles for producing rockets and explosions.
These nozzles are placed on a revolving stand, which allows for free movement across the screen, while the water is pumped through a controlled system.
Disney says the project is open for all and will be showcased as an installation during a fireworks show. The project is in a demonstration phase as of now and has only been tested with people who can see.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Headlines January 24, 2019 India wins 1st one day against New Zealand
- Parasports January 22, 2019 Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Technology January 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News