Feeling Fireworks, Disney's latest project allows blind people to experience fireworks!
August 21, 2018
Now a blind and visually person can actually 'feel' fireworks! Thanks to Disney's latest project, called Feeling Fireworks, the thrill and magic of a fireworks display is set to become inclusive!
Feeling Fireworks is a collaboration between Disney Research and German tech university, UTH Zurich. It is mostly made up of a large latex screen that users put their hands against.
There is a motion-sensing input device behind the screen which will sense the user's hands and direct water jets at the screen, which is flexible. This will allow the user to feel tactile fireworks.
The water jets have different nozzles for specific effects. There are two nozzles, each with a blooming effect and a crackle effect, and there are three nozzles for producing rockets and explosions.
These nozzles are placed on a revolving stand, which allows for free movement across the screen, while the water is pumped through a controlled system.
Disney says the project is open for all and will be showcased as an installation during a fireworks show. The project is in a demonstration phase as of now and has only been tested with people who can see.
Watch in Sign Language
- With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
March 14, 2019
- BDD Assist aims to revolutionise lives of blind and deaf people, gets mixed reviews
March 9, 2019
- Raised Line Foundation, an IIT-Delhi initiative, is working to bring the power of choice to visually impaired students
March 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News