Shopping, food & games - Get spoilt for choices at Chennai's inclusive Sunday Bazaar!
Encouraged by the grand success of their first Sunday Bazaar in February this year, NGO Vidya Sagar has announced the second edition.
Like the first one, this time too the accessible and inclusive bazaar will be held in Kotturpuram. The date is 26 August, between 11 am to 4 pm.
Founded by Poonam Natarajan in 1985, Vidya Sagar focuses on developing strategies to empower parents of children with neurological impairments to include their children within their homes and support their inclusion in the community.
The NGO runs programmes that reach out to nearly 4,000 people with disabilities. The approach is a rights-based one, that looks to create awareness in the community on issues related to disability.
This Sunday Bazaar initiative came when a couple of volunteers from Kotturpuram were working with us in marketing. They felt that such a bazaar would attract more volume of people and of course help with community reach out. So, Vidyasagar, together with Aruna Viswanathan Anand & Anna Madhavan worked on the first bazaar - Anuradha Sankaran, Coordinator, Youth Programme, Vidya Sagar
The Sunday Bazaar is kept open to entrepreneurs as well as regular folk who want to sell their products. The event is managed by volunteers and members of Vidya Sagar from Kotturpuram.
So, if you want to enjoy some great food and music, keep yourself free! There are over 30 stalls promising an interesting range of products and food and interesting games to look forward to!
To name a few, the Old Madras Baking Company, Madras Art Factory, and Skinsense will be making their presence felt.
So, don't miss out on the fun. The venue is - Vidya Sagar, No 1, Ranjith Road, Kotturpuram, Chennai-600085.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019