Shopping, food & games - Get spoilt for choices at Chennai's inclusive Sunday Bazaar!
August 25, 2018
Encouraged by the grand success of their first Sunday Bazaar in February this year, NGO Vidya Sagar has announced the second edition.
Like the first one, this time too the accessible and inclusive bazaar will be held in Kotturpuram. The date is 26 August, between 11 am to 4 pm.
Founded by Poonam Natarajan in 1985, Vidya Sagar focuses on developing strategies to empower parents of children with neurological impairments to include their children within their homes and support their inclusion in the community.
The NGO runs programmes that reach out to nearly 4,000 people with disabilities. The approach is a rights-based one, that looks to create awareness in the community on issues related to disability.
This Sunday Bazaar initiative came when a couple of volunteers from Kotturpuram were working with us in marketing. They felt that such a bazaar would attract more volume of people and of course help with community reach out. So, Vidyasagar, together with Aruna Viswanathan Anand & Anna Madhavan worked on the first bazaar - Anuradha Sankaran, Coordinator, Youth Programme, Vidya Sagar
The Sunday Bazaar is kept open to entrepreneurs as well as regular folk who want to sell their products. The event is managed by volunteers and members of Vidya Sagar from Kotturpuram.
So, if you want to enjoy some great food and music, keep yourself free! There are over 30 stalls promising an interesting range of products and food and interesting games to look forward to!
To name a few, the Old Madras Baking Company, Madras Art Factory, and Skinsense will be making their presence felt.
So, don't miss out on the fun. The venue is - Vidya Sagar, No 1, Ranjith Road, Kotturpuram, Chennai-600085.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News