Shopping, food & games - Get spoilt for choices at Chennai's inclusive Sunday Bazaar!
August 25, 2018
Encouraged by the grand success of their first Sunday Bazaar in February this year, NGO Vidya Sagar has announced the second edition.
Like the first one, this time too the accessible and inclusive bazaar will be held in Kotturpuram. The date is 26 August, between 11 am to 4 pm.
Founded by Poonam Natarajan in 1985, Vidya Sagar focuses on developing strategies to empower parents of children with neurological impairments to include their children within their homes and support their inclusion in the community.
The NGO runs programmes that reach out to nearly 4,000 people with disabilities. The approach is a rights-based one, that looks to create awareness in the community on issues related to disability.
This Sunday Bazaar initiative came when a couple of volunteers from Kotturpuram were working with us in marketing. They felt that such a bazaar would attract more volume of people and of course help with community reach out. So, Vidyasagar, together with Aruna Viswanathan Anand & Anna Madhavan worked on the first bazaar - Anuradha Sankaran, Coordinator, Youth Programme, Vidya Sagar
The Sunday Bazaar is kept open to entrepreneurs as well as regular folk who want to sell their products. The event is managed by volunteers and members of Vidya Sagar from Kotturpuram.
So, if you want to enjoy some great food and music, keep yourself free! There are over 30 stalls promising an interesting range of products and food and interesting games to look forward to!
To name a few, the Old Madras Baking Company, Madras Art Factory, and Skinsense will be making their presence felt.
So, don't miss out on the fun. The venue is - Vidya Sagar, No 1, Ranjith Road, Kotturpuram, Chennai-600085.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News