This 15 year old deaf boy donated Rs 10,000 for Kerala flood victims!
August 24, 2018
The floods in Kerala have killed many people and destroyed lives of lakhs of people. But if definitely has not dampened the spirits of people from 'God's Own Country'. Over the past few days, Kerala has been receiving rescue aid and financial help from kind souls across the globe. One amongst them was 15 year old Jayasurya, a deaf student from Puducherry. This young boy handed over Rs 10,000 towards Kerala Chief Minister's flood relief fund.
Jayasurya who studies in class 9 at a government aided school has been constantly keeping a tab on the flood updates in Kerala. Just like everyone else, Jayasurya too was deeply disturbed after watching the news. That is when he decided to do his bit for the welfare of flood struck families.
Jayasurya has been saving up all his pocket money to buy a hearing device. He has also been getting Rs 2000 as monthly assistance from the Department of Social Welfare Scheme. This young boy has donated all his savings for rescue and relief works of flood struck Kerala!
Jayasurya's father is an advocate and his mother works as a staff at a local court. The proud parents were more than happy to support their son's act of kindness. The amount has already been handed over to Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanaswamy who will transfer it to Kerala Chief Minister's flood relief fund. The Chief Minister also appreciated Jayasurya's kind gesture!
Jayasurya's kindness, humanity and compassion for fellow beings are an inspiration to all of us.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News