This 15 year old deaf boy donated Rs 10,000 for Kerala flood victims!
August 24, 2018
The floods in Kerala have killed many people and destroyed lives of lakhs of people. But if definitely has not dampened the spirits of people from 'God's Own Country'. Over the past few days, Kerala has been receiving rescue aid and financial help from kind souls across the globe. One amongst them was 15 year old Jayasurya, a deaf student from Puducherry. This young boy handed over Rs 10,000 towards Kerala Chief Minister's flood relief fund.
Jayasurya who studies in class 9 at a government aided school has been constantly keeping a tab on the flood updates in Kerala. Just like everyone else, Jayasurya too was deeply disturbed after watching the news. That is when he decided to do his bit for the welfare of flood struck families.
Jayasurya has been saving up all his pocket money to buy a hearing device. He has also been getting Rs 2000 as monthly assistance from the Department of Social Welfare Scheme. This young boy has donated all his savings for rescue and relief works of flood struck Kerala!
Jayasurya's father is an advocate and his mother works as a staff at a local court. The proud parents were more than happy to support their son's act of kindness. The amount has already been handed over to Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanaswamy who will transfer it to Kerala Chief Minister's flood relief fund. The Chief Minister also appreciated Jayasurya's kind gesture!
Jayasurya's kindness, humanity and compassion for fellow beings are an inspiration to all of us.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News