Disabled and want to travel? KickStart Cabs makes it possible!
In India, lack of accessible public transport has often spoilt travel plans of many disabled people and elderly citizens. KickStart Cabs from Bengaluru aims to be change makers. They have over 20 vehicles that are fully accessible and disabled-friendly. So you can say goodbye to your travel woes!
KickStart Cabs was started in 2014 by Vidhya Ramasubban and Srikrish at Harlur in Bengaluru. The duo, in course of time, realised that Bengaluru lacks disabled-friendly transport. They decided to do something to ensure smooth and hassle-free transport for people who are forced to depend on others for mobility.
Transportation and mobility for people with disabilities and seniors is a huge issue in our country. There are no facilities available to millions of disabled people, seniors and others who are sick or injured. With this in mind we decided to start Kickstart Cabs- Vidhya, Co-founder, KickStart Cabs.
The venture got tons of positive responses, which made them determined to continue with this. The cabs in the KickStart fleet have many accessible facilities. Like ramps for wheelchair-users and for people who use sticks and callipers. The drivers are trained to assist people into the cabs as well. They also make sure users reach their destination with no hassles.
Getting right drivers to work for us is often a challenge. But we have a good team right now- Vidhya, Co-founder, KickStart Cabs.
There is little corporate support for this much-needed initiative but the founders are determined to continue. Funds are a problem especially when it comes to implementing new facilities.
Right from visiting a mall for some weekend shopping or hopping out of town for a getaway, KickStart Cabs makes travel easier and smoother. So, if you know of a disabled person looking to travel in Bengaluru, dial 8105600445 to book a KickStart Cab.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
October 21, 2018
- Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
October 19, 2018
- Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 21, 2018
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News