Disabled and want to travel? KickStart Cabs makes it possible!
In India, lack of accessible public transport has often spoilt travel plans of many disabled people and elderly citizens. KickStart Cabs from Bengaluru aims to be change makers. They have over 20 vehicles that are fully accessible and disabled-friendly. So you can say goodbye to your travel woes!
KickStart Cabs was started in 2014 by Vidhya Ramasubban and Srikrish at Harlur in Bengaluru. The duo, in course of time, realised that Bengaluru lacks disabled-friendly transport. They decided to do something to ensure smooth and hassle-free transport for people who are forced to depend on others for mobility.
Transportation and mobility for people with disabilities and seniors is a huge issue in our country. There are no facilities available to millions of disabled people, seniors and others who are sick or injured. With this in mind we decided to start Kickstart Cabs- Vidhya, Co-founder, KickStart Cabs.
The venture got tons of positive responses, which made them determined to continue with this. The cabs in the KickStart fleet have many accessible facilities. Like ramps for wheelchair-users and for people who use sticks and callipers. The drivers are trained to assist people into the cabs as well. They also make sure users reach their destination with no hassles.
Getting right drivers to work for us is often a challenge. But we have a good team right now- Vidhya, Co-founder, KickStart Cabs.
There is little corporate support for this much-needed initiative but the founders are determined to continue. Funds are a problem especially when it comes to implementing new facilities.
Right from visiting a mall for some weekend shopping or hopping out of town for a getaway, KickStart Cabs makes travel easier and smoother. So, if you know of a disabled person looking to travel in Bengaluru, dial 8105600445 to book a KickStart Cab.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018