Experience a flight without sight in this para-gliding adventure trip for blind people in Himachal!
Are you looking for adventure, fun and thrill? Look no more, Bat Travels will take you to the lush valley of Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh for Bir Billing paragliding.
The tandem paragliding trip is the second such adventure being organised by Bat Travels. The first one was at Kamshet in Maharashtra and it was a huge success.
One of the adventure seekers who went on the first trip called it exciting for blind and sighted travelers.
All I expected was a conventional charity-driven approach in which I would be treated as a beneficiary. What awaited me was a bunch of lively friends, both sighted and visually challenged. I did have the apprehensions which all visually challenged people usually have when we step out with a new set of friends. Bat Travels had foreseen this and had come up with a solution. It gave me the opportunity to be a traveller with dignity at a reasonable price.- Tony Kurien, IIT Mumbai student
The upcoming tandem paragliding trip is a two-night, three-day trip and will start in Delhi on 28 September. On Day 1, travelers will reach Barot and go to the camps. From here there is trek to the Uhl River which begins in the Thamsar glacier of the Himalayas.
There is also a trip to the Nargu Sanctuary, home to animals like the black bear, ghoral and colourful birds like the Himalayan Monal.
Day 2 will be for tandem paragliding, where you will feel the sensation of flying through the air over the beautiful valley.
The trip costs ₹11,025 per head. To know more, click here!
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019