Experience a flight without sight in this para-gliding adventure trip for blind people in Himachal!
August 24, 2018
Are you looking for adventure, fun and thrill? Look no more, Bat Travels will take you to the lush valley of Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh for Bir Billing paragliding.
The tandem paragliding trip is the second such adventure being organised by Bat Travels. The first one was at Kamshet in Maharashtra and it was a huge success.
One of the adventure seekers who went on the first trip called it exciting for blind and sighted travelers.
All I expected was a conventional charity-driven approach in which I would be treated as a beneficiary. What awaited me was a bunch of lively friends, both sighted and visually challenged. I did have the apprehensions which all visually challenged people usually have when we step out with a new set of friends. Bat Travels had foreseen this and had come up with a solution. It gave me the opportunity to be a traveller with dignity at a reasonable price.- Tony Kurien, IIT Mumbai student
The upcoming tandem paragliding trip is a two-night, three-day trip and will start in Delhi on 28 September. On Day 1, travelers will reach Barot and go to the camps. From here there is trek to the Uhl River which begins in the Thamsar glacier of the Himalayas.
There is also a trip to the Nargu Sanctuary, home to animals like the black bear, ghoral and colourful birds like the Himalayan Monal.
Day 2 will be for tandem paragliding, where you will feel the sensation of flying through the air over the beautiful valley.
The trip costs Rs11,025 per head. To know more, click here!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News