Experience a flight without sight in this para-gliding adventure trip for blind people in Himachal!
August 24, 2018
Are you looking for adventure, fun and thrill? Look no more, Bat Travels will take you to the lush valley of Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh for Bir Billing paragliding.
The tandem paragliding trip is the second such adventure being organised by Bat Travels. The first one was at Kamshet in Maharashtra and it was a huge success.
One of the adventure seekers who went on the first trip called it exciting for blind and sighted travelers.
All I expected was a conventional charity-driven approach in which I would be treated as a beneficiary. What awaited me was a bunch of lively friends, both sighted and visually challenged. I did have the apprehensions which all visually challenged people usually have when we step out with a new set of friends. Bat Travels had foreseen this and had come up with a solution. It gave me the opportunity to be a traveller with dignity at a reasonable price.- Tony Kurien, IIT Mumbai student
The upcoming tandem paragliding trip is a two-night, three-day trip and will start in Delhi on 28 September. On Day 1, travelers will reach Barot and go to the camps. From here there is trek to the Uhl River which begins in the Thamsar glacier of the Himalayas.
There is also a trip to the Nargu Sanctuary, home to animals like the black bear, ghoral and colourful birds like the Himalayan Monal.
Day 2 will be for tandem paragliding, where you will feel the sensation of flying through the air over the beautiful valley.
The trip costs Rs11,025 per head. To know more, click here!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News