The ‘Anubhab’ app will help disabled voters enrol for elections
August 25, 2018
Participation of disabled people in elections is extremely important for the development of India. Keeping this in mind, the West Bengal Election Department is gearing up to ensure the smooth participation of disabled people in upcoming elections. They are all set to introduce a mobile app called 'Anubhab' for that!
Disabled people can pass on their grievances, enrolment, queries and even suggestions through this app. An official from the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) said that the app is specifically designed keeping in mind requirements of disabled people. The app will have an option of calling authorities by dialling 1950. Concerned officials will arrive at the doorstep of the disabled person to help them!
'Anubhab' is expected to be launched by September.
Authorities also plan to conduct 'Electoral Literacy Clubs' in order to make more people aware of the need to participate in elections. They will run classes in various organizations, colleges and even schools.
Watch in Sign Language
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 Foreign doctors question MCI guidelines regarding disabled medical aspirants ahead of crucial hearing
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Arrest warrant against Congress MP Shashi Tharoor
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Curfew in Srinagar, people told to stay home
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News