The ‘Anubhab’ app will help disabled voters enrol for elections
Participation of disabled people in elections is extremely important for the development of India. Keeping this in mind, the West Bengal Election Department is gearing up to ensure the smooth participation of disabled people in upcoming elections. They are all set to introduce a mobile app called ‘Anubhab’ for that!
Disabled people can pass on their grievances, enrolment, queries and even suggestions through this app. An official from the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) said that the app is specifically designed keeping in mind requirements of disabled people. The app will have an option of calling authorities by dialling 1950. Concerned officials will arrive at the doorstep of the disabled person to help them!
‘Anubhab’ is expected to be launched by September.
Authorities also plan to conduct ‘Electoral Literacy Clubs’ in order to make more people aware of the need to participate in elections. They will run classes in various organizations, colleges and even schools.
Watch in Sign Language
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
- Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 5, 2018 2.0 may soon become Akshay Kumar’s most successful film
- Headlines December 6, 2018 India vs Australia announce teams for Adelaide Test
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Disability Heroes - Deaf political candidate Sudeep Shukla is a sign of the changing times
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Australian fans criticize local media for insulting Indian cricketers
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News