The ‘Anubhab’ app will help disabled voters enrol for elections
Participation of disabled people in elections is extremely important for the development of India. Keeping this in mind, the West Bengal Election Department is gearing up to ensure the smooth participation of disabled people in upcoming elections. They are all set to introduce a mobile app called ‘Anubhab’ for that!
Disabled people can pass on their grievances, enrolment, queries and even suggestions through this app. An official from the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) said that the app is specifically designed keeping in mind requirements of disabled people. The app will have an option of calling authorities by dialling 1950. Concerned officials will arrive at the doorstep of the disabled person to help them!
‘Anubhab’ is expected to be launched by September.
Authorities also plan to conduct ‘Electoral Literacy Clubs’ in order to make more people aware of the need to participate in elections. They will run classes in various organizations, colleges and even schools.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019