The ‘Anubhab’ app will help disabled voters enrol for elections
August 25, 2018
Participation of disabled people in elections is extremely important for the development of India. Keeping this in mind, the West Bengal Election Department is gearing up to ensure the smooth participation of disabled people in upcoming elections. They are all set to introduce a mobile app called 'Anubhab' for that!
Disabled people can pass on their grievances, enrolment, queries and even suggestions through this app. An official from the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) said that the app is specifically designed keeping in mind requirements of disabled people. The app will have an option of calling authorities by dialling 1950. Concerned officials will arrive at the doorstep of the disabled person to help them!
'Anubhab' is expected to be launched by September.
Authorities also plan to conduct 'Electoral Literacy Clubs' in order to make more people aware of the need to participate in elections. They will run classes in various organizations, colleges and even schools.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News