The ‘Anubhab’ app will help disabled voters enrol for elections
August 25, 2018
Participation of disabled people in elections is extremely important for the development of India. Keeping this in mind, the West Bengal Election Department is gearing up to ensure the smooth participation of disabled people in upcoming elections. They are all set to introduce a mobile app called 'Anubhab' for that!
Disabled people can pass on their grievances, enrolment, queries and even suggestions through this app. An official from the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) said that the app is specifically designed keeping in mind requirements of disabled people. The app will have an option of calling authorities by dialling 1950. Concerned officials will arrive at the doorstep of the disabled person to help them!
'Anubhab' is expected to be launched by September.
Authorities also plan to conduct 'Electoral Literacy Clubs' in order to make more people aware of the need to participate in elections. They will run classes in various organizations, colleges and even schools.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News