Mumbai entrepreneur with Down syndrome is a hit in her TV debut!
August 25, 2018
Aditi Verma, the young Mumbai restaurateur with Down syndrome, sizzled in her TV debut this week.
The 23-year-old was featured in Zee TV's popular show Kitchen Journey, a program that highlights the achievements of people who have taken their cooking skills to the entrepreneurial level.
Aditi runs a restaurant called Aditi's Corner in Navi Mumbai, which was gifted to her by her parents. Here she runs the show, from preparing the food, taking orders, to handling accounts.
I loved the entire experience, from putting make up on to shooting at my home and at the restaurant. The best part was going to Filmistan for the main shoot and meeting anchor Renuka Shahane. I am a big fan of Renuka since the film 'Hum Aapke Hain Kaun'. - Aditi Verma, Entrepreneur
Aditi's parents were also invited for the shoot to share the story of her amazing journey. At Filmistan, Aditi was asked to prepare her signature Maggi dish.
I was more nervous than she was. She kept telling me, 'Mama, stay cool, cool'. - Reena Verma, Aditi's mother
Do you want to learn how to make Aditi's version of Maggie? Well, she shared the secret with us!
Aditi's Maggi Recipe
- Put some oil in a saucepan.
- Fry an onion, chopped into small pieces. Add one chopped capsicum, one chopped carrot and some green chilies'.
- Add the Maggi noodles and the amount of water mentioned in the instructions.
- Add the Maggie Masala powder and here comes Aditi's touch - a pinch of amchur.
- Cook until noodles are done. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Noodles are ready!
Read more to learn about Aditi's inspiring journey:Down syndrome is no barrier for this successful Mumbai hotel owner
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News