The Goa Project 2018 moves to Mumbai, to place inclusion in the spotlight
It’s all about accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities this year of The Goa Project.
The week-long residency program is from 19 to 25 October, followed by the un-conference on 26 and 27 October in a location near Mumbai. The residency program is fully-funded.
Every year, The Goa Project brings together people from varied fields like the performing arts, design and education for a meaningful exchange of dialogues and partnerships.
TGP was started in 2013 with the vision of putting people from a wide variety of backgrounds together, says Udhay Shankar, co-founder of The Goa Project (TGP). This, all the seven founders hoped, would create some magic.
We have decided to introduce, for the first time a team, that is working on disability. Either the team or some part of it is disabled or are targeting disability, or both. The aim is to make TGP a more inclusive platform. This way the folks that work with us or participate with us will find it easier to collaborate with the people who come for the conference. – Udhay Shankar, Co-Founder, The Goa Project
The residency and the conference are being held back to back and TGP along with Wishberry will pick three projects out of the various applications.
They will then pitch their ideas at the event, the aim being to expose them to the people attending TGP as well as find possible collaborators and raise money.
Over the years several interesting and meaningful projects have raised funding at TGP.
These include Greenopia, a smart gardening venture, For the Love of a Man, a documentary on actor Rajnikanth and Menstrupedia, a friendly guide to menstruation.
One of the highlights of the 2017 TGP was a talk by visually impaired film director Anand Kulkarniabout the possibilities of the visual medium for the visually impaired.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News