India shines at the Asian games 2018
August 27, 2018
Indian badminton stars Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu have won their respective quarter-final matches on Sunday. The victories have assured India of getting two more medals at the Asian Games 2018.
Sindhu defeated Nitchaon Jindapol while Saina defeated Ratchanok Intanon and became the first Indian to reach women's badminton singles semi-finals at Asiad.
Fouaad Mirza become the first Indian to win an individual Asiad silver medal in the equestrian event. Mirza helped add two silver medals in equestrian and took up the medal tally of India to 31.
Runner Muhammed Anas Yahiya won a silver medal in the men's 400m event at the Asian Games 2018. He became the first Indian since KK Premachandran in 1982 to finish second in the men's 400m event at the Asian Games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News