India shines at the Asian games 2018
August 27, 2018
Indian badminton stars Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu have won their respective quarter-final matches on Sunday. The victories have assured India of getting two more medals at the Asian Games 2018.
Sindhu defeated Nitchaon Jindapol while Saina defeated Ratchanok Intanon and became the first Indian to reach women's badminton singles semi-finals at Asiad.
Fouaad Mirza become the first Indian to win an individual Asiad silver medal in the equestrian event. Mirza helped add two silver medals in equestrian and took up the medal tally of India to 31.
Runner Muhammed Anas Yahiya won a silver medal in the men's 400m event at the Asian Games 2018. He became the first Indian since KK Premachandran in 1982 to finish second in the men's 400m event at the Asian Games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News