Is homeschooling a good option for children with special needs? Here is some information!
August 30, 2018
Homeschooling for children with special needs has several benefits. There are private and public schools that give education to children with disabilities and special needs.
However, many parents may find the education offered by them as insufficient and not as per the needs of their children.
In many cases parents may also prefer homeschooling if the institute is too far from their residence or the child does not like to spend time outside his own home.
The concept of Homeschooling is very simple and is also known as home education. The children not sent to schools and are instead taught at home mostly by their parents or tutors.
For parents who wish to provide schooling at home for their disabled children, here are a few things to consider.
Try and communicate with the child about the homeschooling idea before you go for it. It is important to understand how the child feels about it.
You can also consult doctors, counselors and your family about the concept as they may provide you with useful insight.
If possible get in touch with other parents and families that already have their children homeschooled. Talking to them will help you understand how the system of being taught at home works.
For many parents, a private school or special needs program for their children may be expensive. For them homeschooling is cost-effective option.
Homeschooling will allow to focus on the strengths and weaknesses of the child as parents know their children the best.
Children with special needs also feel more comfortable in their homes and can learn comfortably at their own pace.
Parents should ensure that they are capable enough to handle the educational needs of the children as they will need to prepare themselves before they teach the kids.
- Homeschooling if done correctly can help in effective growth and development of the children with special needs.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Madras High Court directs implementation of 3% job quota for disabled people, activists unhappy
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News