Is homeschooling a good option for children with special needs? Here is some information!
Homeschooling for children with special needs has several benefits. There are private and public schools that give education to children with disabilities and special needs.
However, many parents may find the education offered by them as insufficient and not as per the needs of their children.
In many cases parents may also prefer homeschooling if the institute is too far from their residence or the child does not like to spend time outside his own home.
The concept of Homeschooling is very simple and is also known as home education. The children not sent to schools and are instead taught at home mostly by their parents or tutors.
For parents who wish to provide schooling at home for their disabled children, here are a few things to consider.
Try and communicate with the child about the homeschooling idea before you go for it. It is important to understand how the child feels about it.
You can also consult doctors, counselors and your family about the concept as they may provide you with useful insight.
If possible get in touch with other parents and families that already have their children homeschooled. Talking to them will help you understand how the system of being taught at home works.
For many parents, a private school or special needs program for their children may be expensive. For them homeschooling is cost-effective option.
Homeschooling will allow to focus on the strengths and weaknesses of the child as parents know their children the best.
Children with special needs also feel more comfortable in their homes and can learn comfortably at their own pace.
Parents should ensure that they are capable enough to handle the educational needs of the children as they will need to prepare themselves before they teach the kids.
- Homeschooling if done correctly can help in effective growth and development of the children with special needs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 23, 2019 Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Events January 16, 2019
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News