Is homeschooling a good option for children with special needs? Here is some information!
Homeschooling for children with special needs has several benefits. There are private and public schools that give education to children with disabilities and special needs.
However, many parents may find the education offered by them as insufficient and not as per the needs of their children.
In many cases parents may also prefer homeschooling if the institute is too far from their residence or the child does not like to spend time outside his own home.
The concept of Homeschooling is very simple and is also known as home education. The children not sent to schools and are instead taught at home mostly by their parents or tutors.
For parents who wish to provide schooling at home for their disabled children, here are a few things to consider.
Try and communicate with the child about the homeschooling idea before you go for it. It is important to understand how the child feels about it.
You can also consult doctors, counselors and your family about the concept as they may provide you with useful insight.
If possible get in touch with other parents and families that already have their children homeschooled. Talking to them will help you understand how the system of being taught at home works.
For many parents, a private school or special needs program for their children may be expensive. For them homeschooling is cost-effective option.
Homeschooling will allow to focus on the strengths and weaknesses of the child as parents know their children the best.
Children with special needs also feel more comfortable in their homes and can learn comfortably at their own pace.
Parents should ensure that they are capable enough to handle the educational needs of the children as they will need to prepare themselves before they teach the kids.
- Homeschooling if done correctly can help in effective growth and development of the children with special needs.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Virat Kohli apologises after getting trolled for 'Leave India' comment to fan
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
- Parasports November 9, 2018 First ever Blind Volley Ball Tournament to be held in Karnataka
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Some life lessons when you raise a child with Down syndrome
- Headlines November 8, 2018 PM Modi spends Diwali at Kedarnath, meets soldiers on India-China border
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018