Narayan Seva Sansthan is a haven for disabled people, elderly and the needy!
August 28, 2018
The NGO Narayan Seva Sansthan has been empowering disabled people in the beautiful city of Udaipur in Rajasthan. Thousands of disabled people are now provided with education and jobs which helps them live independently.
Narayan Seva Sansthan was set up in 1986 by Kailash Agarwal Manav who is a recipient of many presitigious awards including the Padma Shri for his service towards humanity.
Narayan Seva Sansthan provides free medical treatment to disabled people. In the meantime, they are trained in skill jobs too. Apart from that, they host orphanages, smart school, training centres, rehabilitation, physiotherapy and even natural therapies for the needy! The space is even branded as a smart village because there are so many facilities in just one space. This includes restaurants and ATM counters!
Over 4000 people have already benefitted from this NGO. They impart lessons in computers, mobile repairing, sewing and tailoring classes to disabled people, elderly and also those from economically backward families. Their venture has been supported and lauded by people from across the globe.
People live here in harmony, peace and love. They bond together irrespective of cast, creed and race. That is the best part about this NGO and its organizers. Well, now we know that humanity does exist!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News