Tokyo city is already prepping for Paralympics Games 2020!
It was all about happiness and cheers at Tokyo on Sunday. The capital city of Japan is gearing up for the Paralympics Games, scheduled for August 2020! The Tokyo government is not leaving any stone unturned to ensure that the upcoming Paralympics Games is a grand success.
Special events are being held to mark the big day. Recently the mascots for the Paralympics, Miraitowa and Someity were revealed to the public and they stole the show. They even hopped onto a boat and met locals.
By introducing them to school children and locals, authorities are trying to create the excitement well in advance.
In Japanese, Miraitowa stands for the future and eternity, while Someity is a type of cherry blossom. It stands for the mighty. Organizers feel that these names suit best for mascots of the much sought after Paralympics Games.
The Tokyo government is also organizing international sports events and competitions so that everyone gets gripped by the Paralympics fever!
After basketball, the government plans to promote badminton and judo as well through tournaments.
We just cannot wait for the Paralympics Games 2020. This is definitely going to be a huge platform for para-athletes from across the world to come together and showcase their best skills!
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News