Tokyo city is already prepping for Paralympics Games 2020!
August 31, 2018
It was all about happiness and cheers at Tokyo on Sunday. The capital city of Japan is gearing up for the Paralympics Games, scheduled for August 2020! The Tokyo government is not leaving any stone unturned to ensure that the upcoming Paralympics Games is a grand success.
Special events are being held to mark the big day. Recently the mascots for the Paralympics, Miraitowa and Someity were revealed to the public and they stole the show. They even hopped onto a boat and met locals.
By introducing them to school children and locals, authorities are trying to create the excitement well in advance.
In Japanese, Miraitowa stands for the future and eternity, while Someity is a type of cherry blossom. It stands for the mighty. Organizers feel that these names suit best for mascots of the much sought after Paralympics Games.
The Tokyo government is also organizing international sports events and competitions so that everyone gets gripped by the Paralympics fever!
After basketball, the government plans to promote badminton and judo as well through tournaments.
We just cannot wait for the Paralympics Games 2020. This is definitely going to be a huge platform for para-athletes from across the world to come together and showcase their best skills!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Spirited & strong minded, Preetha Thonnakkal lives life to the fullest
- Headlines July 10, 2019 Dhoni is 2nd Indian cricketer to play 350 ODIs
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Twitter hashtag sets off important conversation about worst disability "compliments"
- Events July 11, 2019 Gala Dance Party
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News