A skill development centre for special needs students coming up in Bangalore University
August 30, 2018
More education opportunities are coming the way of students with disabilities. The Bangalore University (BU) has announced plans to establish a research and skill development centre for disabled students.
The BU already had a cell in place that us helping students with disabilities in different ways. The new centre will give a extra hand to this programme.
The aim of the research centre will be to provide more opportunities and bigger platforms for students with special needs. The main emphasis will be on skill development.
University authorities say that people with disabilities are more innovative and the centre aims to bring out those talents. The BU has asked the empowerment cell to submit the accessibility needs of people with disabilities. These will be addressed by the research centre.
An expert committee of people will advanced degrees in the subject will be set up. The centre will offer scholarships, skills-based diploma and degree programmes, etc. There is also a placement cell.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News