A skill development centre for special needs students coming up in Bangalore University
More education opportunities are coming the way of students with disabilities. The Bangalore University (BU) has announced plans to establish a research and skill development centre for disabled students.
The BU already had a cell in place that us helping students with disabilities in different ways. The new centre will give a extra hand to this programme.
The aim of the research centre will be to provide more opportunities and bigger platforms for students with special needs. The main emphasis will be on skill development.
University authorities say that people with disabilities are more innovative and the centre aims to bring out those talents. The BU has asked the empowerment cell to submit the accessibility needs of people with disabilities. These will be addressed by the research centre.
An expert committee of people will advanced degrees in the subject will be set up. The centre will offer scholarships, skills-based diploma and degree programmes, etc. There is also a placement cell.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019