A skill development centre for special needs students coming up in Bangalore University
August 30, 2018
More education opportunities are coming the way of students with disabilities. The Bangalore University (BU) has announced plans to establish a research and skill development centre for disabled students.
The BU already had a cell in place that us helping students with disabilities in different ways. The new centre will give a extra hand to this programme.
The aim of the research centre will be to provide more opportunities and bigger platforms for students with special needs. The main emphasis will be on skill development.
University authorities say that people with disabilities are more innovative and the centre aims to bring out those talents. The BU has asked the empowerment cell to submit the accessibility needs of people with disabilities. These will be addressed by the research centre.
An expert committee of people will advanced degrees in the subject will be set up. The centre will offer scholarships, skills-based diploma and degree programmes, etc. There is also a placement cell.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News