Arjun Kapoor learns sign language for his fan, wins hearts
Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor's gesture of love and support for his fan has won him hundreds of followers the world over.
Kapoor received an email from a deaf fan who loves his work. In her email, she said that because of her disability she cannot understand the videos he posts on Instagram and requested him to add subtitles to the videos.
Kapoor was so moved by her email that he not only added subtitles to his videos but learned sign language and posted a video for the fan speaking in sign language.
In his Instagram video, Kapoor said:
"We actors are blessed in more ways than we realise but more so because we have wonderful fans. As much as my fan clubs and fans don’t believe it, I am aware and keep track of everything that happens, what they mail me, send me, msg me, tweet to me or Instagram post for me. One such email caught my attention and I just felt I had to do something about it Slide right after the first video, to see the reason behind my successful attempt at at this new language (forgive me if I made any unintentional mistake though). This one is for u Karen aka @_pkaur_b and I promise to keep ur wish in mind more often... lots of love hope u see this and feel happy - Arjun Kapoor
On the work front, Arjun will star in 'Namaste England' opposite Parineeti Chopra.
Watch in Sign Language
- #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
February 21, 2019
- New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
February 21, 2019
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019