Arjun Kapoor learns sign language for his fan, wins hearts
August 31, 2018
Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor's gesture of love and support for his fan has won him hundreds of followers the world over.
Kapoor received an email from a deaf fan who loves his work. In her email, she said that because of her disability she cannot understand the videos he posts on Instagram and requested him to add subtitles to the videos.
Kapoor was so moved by her email that he not only added subtitles to his videos but learned sign language and posted a video for the fan speaking in sign language.
In his Instagram video, Kapoor said:
"We actors are blessed in more ways than we realise but more so because we have wonderful fans. As much as my fan clubs and fans don't believe it, I am aware and keep track of everything that happens, what they mail me, send me, msg me, tweet to me or Instagram post for me. One such email caught my attention and I just felt I had to do something about it Slide right after the first video, to see the reason behind my successful attempt at at this new language (forgive me if I made any unintentional mistake though). This one is for u Karen aka @_pkaur_b and I promise to keep ur wish in mind more often... lots of love hope u see this and feel happy - Arjun Kapoor
On the work front, Arjun will star in 'Namaste England' opposite Parineeti Chopra.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News