Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
September 1, 2018
Welcome readers! Here are the trending stories from the week! Indian education may soon get Sign Language as a subject , and Braille as a language option. Well high time that education became inclusive! Major steps taken by Indian judiciary to make medical education open for disabled candidates.
Good news for disabled candidates as Delhi High Court clears admission of students with hearing & learning disabilities into MBBS. While the Supreme Court allows students with low vision to study medicine.
India is doing well in the Asian Games and the medal tally now includes a fair share of gold silver and bronze.
Para swimmer Mohammed Shams Alam received Bihar Khel Ratna award this week for his undying sporting spirit. Japan is gearing up for the 2020 Paralympic and is all set to promote para sports in a big way!
Well these are the stories that were hot this week!! Keep reading NewzHook to stay updated and to get the latest news and information!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News