Jakarta showers more love for para athletes before Asian Para Games
Jakarta in Indonesia is all set to host the Asian Para Games that begins in October. The government is not leaving any stone unturned to ensure that para athletes and coaches who accompany them get the best from Indonesia.
The opening ceremony of the 2018 Asian Games was already held at the Gelora Bung Karno stadium in Central Jakarta on Aug. 18. The Jakarta administration is now planning to put aside a whopping 1.46 million dollars for Jakarta’s para athletes and coaches! The news was confirmed by Youth and Sports Agency head Ratiyono.
Bonuses will be provided according to the medals (gold, silver and bronze) that are won by para athletes. The amount will be directly given by Youth and Sports Ministry and their personal sponsors.
Meanwhile, Indian para-athletes are gearing up to put up a splendid show at the Asian Para Games. According to reports, 187 para athletes will be heading from India to Jakarta next month. This includes experts like Deepa Malik, Devendra Jhajharia, Mariappan Thangavelu, HN Girish and Varun Bhatti.
India will be competing in archery, athletics, badminton, chess, cycling, fencing, judo, power lifting, swimming shooting, table tennis, tenpin bowling and boccia.
Indian para athletes are undergoing rigorous training sessions before leaving for Jakarta!
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019