Chhattisgarh government introduces new mobile app to identify disability in children!
September 2, 2018
India has millions of people with various kinds of disabilities. But does our government take adequate steps to identify and treat disabilities? The government of Chhattisgarh is going to be torch bearers in this. The state government is all set to introduce a new mobile app that will help in early identification of disabilities!
The Information Technology and Electronics Department of Chhattisgarh Government aims to introduce this app very soon. It can be used by parents, anganwadi workers, teachers, guardians and anyone who is part of the child's upbringing.
The app will ask you a few questions regarding the child's day to day activities which will be based on the guidelines set by central government's Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD). The app will feed all the details. It will then analyse if the child has a chance of a disability. Caretaker's can provide early treatment based on this. It will only help in improving quality of the child's life!
The new Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD) is a remarkable step put forward by the government of India. 21 types of disabilities are included in this app. The Chhattisgarh Government also plans to bring in new policies and schemes for the welfare of disabled people in the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News