Chhattisgarh government introduces new mobile app to identify disability in children!
September 2, 2018
India has millions of people with various kinds of disabilities. But does our government take adequate steps to identify and treat disabilities? The government of Chhattisgarh is going to be torch bearers in this. The state government is all set to introduce a new mobile app that will help in early identification of disabilities!
The Information Technology and Electronics Department of Chhattisgarh Government aims to introduce this app very soon. It can be used by parents, anganwadi workers, teachers, guardians and anyone who is part of the child's upbringing.
The app will ask you a few questions regarding the child's day to day activities which will be based on the guidelines set by central government's Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD). The app will feed all the details. It will then analyse if the child has a chance of a disability. Caretaker's can provide early treatment based on this. It will only help in improving quality of the child's life!
The new Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD) is a remarkable step put forward by the government of India. 21 types of disabilities are included in this app. The Chhattisgarh Government also plans to bring in new policies and schemes for the welfare of disabled people in the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News