Chhattisgarh government introduces new mobile app to identify disability in children!
India has millions of people with various kinds of disabilities. But does our government take adequate steps to identify and treat disabilities? The government of Chhattisgarh is going to be torch bearers in this. The state government is all set to introduce a new mobile app that will help in early identification of disabilities!
The Information Technology and Electronics Department of Chhattisgarh Government aims to introduce this app very soon. It can be used by parents, anganwadi workers, teachers, guardians and anyone who is part of the child’s upbringing.
The app will ask you a few questions regarding the child’s day to day activities which will be based on the guidelines set by central government's Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD). The app will feed all the details. It will then analyse if the child has a chance of a disability. Caretaker’s can provide early treatment based on this. It will only help in improving quality of the child’s life!
The new Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD) is a remarkable step put forward by the government of India. 21 types of disabilities are included in this app. The Chhattisgarh Government also plans to bring in new policies and schemes for the welfare of disabled people in the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions and translations to Skype and PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018