Chhattisgarh government introduces new mobile app to identify disability in children!
India has millions of people with various kinds of disabilities. But does our government take adequate steps to identify and treat disabilities? The government of Chhattisgarh is going to be torch bearers in this. The state government is all set to introduce a new mobile app that will help in early identification of disabilities!
The Information Technology and Electronics Department of Chhattisgarh Government aims to introduce this app very soon. It can be used by parents, anganwadi workers, teachers, guardians and anyone who is part of the child’s upbringing.
The app will ask you a few questions regarding the child’s day to day activities which will be based on the guidelines set by central government's Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD). The app will feed all the details. It will then analyse if the child has a chance of a disability. Caretaker’s can provide early treatment based on this. It will only help in improving quality of the child’s life!
The new Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD) is a remarkable step put forward by the government of India. 21 types of disabilities are included in this app. The Chhattisgarh Government also plans to bring in new policies and schemes for the welfare of disabled people in the state.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Uttar Pradesh politician's wife arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Accessibility October 23, 2018 'Meet' the man who is bringing Hindi & Urdu poetry alive for visually impaired people
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News