Chhattisgarh government introduces new mobile app to identify disability in children!
India has millions of people with various kinds of disabilities. But does our government take adequate steps to identify and treat disabilities? The government of Chhattisgarh is going to be torch bearers in this. The state government is all set to introduce a new mobile app that will help in early identification of disabilities!
The Information Technology and Electronics Department of Chhattisgarh Government aims to introduce this app very soon. It can be used by parents, anganwadi workers, teachers, guardians and anyone who is part of the child’s upbringing.
The app will ask you a few questions regarding the child’s day to day activities which will be based on the guidelines set by central government's Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD). The app will feed all the details. It will then analyse if the child has a chance of a disability. Caretaker’s can provide early treatment based on this. It will only help in improving quality of the child’s life!
The new Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD) is a remarkable step put forward by the government of India. 21 types of disabilities are included in this app. The Chhattisgarh Government also plans to bring in new policies and schemes for the welfare of disabled people in the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News