Telangana increased job quota for disabled people to 4%
Good news for people with disabilities in Telangana. The government has increased the jobs quota in line with Section 34(1) of RPWD 2016. The increase is from 3% to 4%.
The government has also announced that it would set up a committee to take appropriate decisions if the adequate number of people with benchmark disabilities are not available to fill the vacancies. Telangana claims to be one of the first states to come up with an enhanced 4% quota in line with the central Act.
If any post is not filled up due to the non availability of a disabled candidate, the vacancy will be carried forward to the next year.
Last year the government of Tamil Nadu had also announced that the job quota for people with disabilities in the state would now be 4% following the RPWD 2016. This now applies to all public service enterprises and undertakings, boards, corporations, educational institutions, local bodies, and government-aided institutions.
Among the other states to do the same is Uttar Pradesh, which has also decided to extend to quota to people who have suffered acid attacks, with dwarfism and people with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News