Telangana increased job quota for disabled people to 4%
September 2, 2018
Good news for people with disabilities in Telangana. The government has increased the jobs quota in line with Section 34(1) of RPWD 2016. The increase is from 3% to 4%.
The government has also announced that it would set up a committee to take appropriate decisions if the adequate number of people with benchmark disabilities are not available to fill the vacancies. Telangana claims to be one of the first states to come up with an enhanced 4% quota in line with the central Act.
If any post is not filled up due to the non availability of a disabled candidate, the vacancy will be carried forward to the next year.
Last year the government of Tamil Nadu had also announced that the job quota for people with disabilities in the state would now be 4% following the RPWD 2016. This now applies to all public service enterprises and undertakings, boards, corporations, educational institutions, local bodies, and government-aided institutions.
Among the other states to do the same is Uttar Pradesh, which has also decided to extend to quota to people who have suffered acid attacks, with dwarfism and people with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News