Telangana increased job quota for disabled people to 4%
September 2, 2018
Good news for people with disabilities in Telangana. The government has increased the jobs quota in line with Section 34(1) of RPWD 2016. The increase is from 3% to 4%.
The government has also announced that it would set up a committee to take appropriate decisions if the adequate number of people with benchmark disabilities are not available to fill the vacancies. Telangana claims to be one of the first states to come up with an enhanced 4% quota in line with the central Act.
If any post is not filled up due to the non availability of a disabled candidate, the vacancy will be carried forward to the next year.
Last year the government of Tamil Nadu had also announced that the job quota for people with disabilities in the state would now be 4% following the RPWD 2016. This now applies to all public service enterprises and undertakings, boards, corporations, educational institutions, local bodies, and government-aided institutions.
Among the other states to do the same is Uttar Pradesh, which has also decided to extend to quota to people who have suffered acid attacks, with dwarfism and people with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News