Blind pianist is the central character in Sriram Raghavan's twist-filled thriller, Andha Dhun
September 2, 2018
The thriller of Sriram Raghavan's latest thriller starring Ayushmann Khurrana released on 1 September.
Called Andha Dhun, it stars Khurrana as a blind pianist, who is very skilled at his job. The trailer opens with a voiceover that talks about how everyone is aware of the kind of problems visually-impaired people face, but they know little about the benefits.
Radhika Apte plays the romantic lead while Tabu is introduced in a crucial role. Khurrana becomes the prime suspect in a murder an dhis life changes. Dis he really commit the crime? That is what the thriller talks about.
Sriram Raghavan has earlier directed Badlapur and Johnny Gaddar.
Andha Dhun was earlier titled Shoot the Piano Player but this was changed as Raghavan did not want an English title. Khurrana has undergone rigorous training for his role, says Raghavan.
Ayushmann is a musician himself but he trained rigorously and that worked in our favour as we didn't have to hire a body double for the finger shots on the piano or even use any kind of VFX. - Sriram Raghavan, Filmmaker
The film is set in Pune where the director spent many years studying. Andha Dhun will release in cinemas on 5 October.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News