Blind pianist is the central character in Sriram Raghavan's twist-filled thriller, Andha Dhun
The thriller of Sriram Raghavan's latest thriller starring Ayushmann Khurrana released on 1 September.
Called Andha Dhun, it stars Khurrana as a blind pianist, who is very skilled at his job. The trailer opens with a voiceover that talks about how everyone is aware of the kind of problems visually-impaired people face, but they know little about the benefits.
Radhika Apte plays the romantic lead while Tabu is introduced in a crucial role. Khurrana becomes the prime suspect in a murder an dhis life changes. Dis he really commit the crime? That is what the thriller talks about.
Sriram Raghavan has earlier directed Badlapur and Johnny Gaddar.
Andha Dhun was earlier titled Shoot the Piano Player but this was changed as Raghavan did not want an English title. Khurrana has undergone rigorous training for his role, says Raghavan.
Ayushmann is a musician himself but he trained rigorously and that worked in our favour as we didn’t have to hire a body double for the finger shots on the piano or even use any kind of VFX. - Sriram Raghavan, Filmmaker
The film is set in Pune where the director spent many years studying. Andha Dhun will release in cinemas on 5 October.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019