Here is how you can help children with Learning Disabilities!
September 7, 2018
There are various types of learning disabilities (LD), which can affect the development of a child. A learning disability can impact the ability to speak, listen, read, write, spell, reason, and do math.
Since we live in a super competitive world, parents tend to worry when their child does not perform well academically. This is something that becomes a major cause for concern when a child has a learning disability. But there are therapies and special techniques available that can help a child to learn.
These techniques are developed based on the type of learning disability and the child's own ability.
Here are some ideas to consider:
As a parent you know what is best for your child so take charge of what he or she is learning and how.
Accept the fact that your child has an LD and look for the best way you can help him or her.
Gather information about the specific type of LD your child has to understand how it can affect your child.
Get help from teachers, experts, and other parents', but remember every child is different so be open to understanding your child's specific needs.
Protect your child and support him or her when they are under pressure from the outside world.
It is important to understand that the parent is the first teacher in a child's life. Understand that your behavior will shape your child's perception of his or her LD.
- Be patient and results will come in time. It is not good grades that matter as much as learning.
Each child can learn. Some just need to be taught a little differently.- Radha Tandon, Director PRAANGAN Centre for children with special educational needs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
- #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
June 13, 2019
- Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
June 10, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News