Here is how you can help children with Learning Disabilities!
There are various types of learning disabilities (LD), which can affect the development of a child. A learning disability can impact the ability to speak, listen, read, write, spell, reason, and do math.
Since we live in a super competitive world, parents tend to worry when their child does not perform well academically. This is something that becomes a major cause for concern when a child has a learning disability. But there are therapies and special techniques available that can help a child to learn.
These techniques are developed based on the type of learning disability and the child's own ability.
Here are some ideas to consider:
As a parent you know what is best for your child so take charge of what he or she is learning and how.
Accept the fact that your child has an LD and look for the best way you can help him or her.
Gather information about the specific type of LD your child has to understand how it can affect your child.
Get help from teachers, experts, and other parents', but remember every child is different so be open to understanding your child's specific needs.
Protect your child and support him or her when they are under pressure from the outside world.
It is important to understand that the parent is the first teacher in a child's life. Understand that your behavior will shape your child’s perception of his or her LD.
- Be patient and results will come in time. It is not good grades that matter as much as learning.
Each child can learn. Some just need to be taught a little differently.- Radha Tandon, Director PRAANGAN Centre for children with special educational needs.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 5, 2018 Sign language interpreters at job interviews plays a crucial role. Here is why.
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Smileys India bats for inclusion through art
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Technology December 5, 2018 Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News