Here is how you can help children with Learning Disabilities!
September 7, 2018
There are various types of learning disabilities (LD), which can affect the development of a child. A learning disability can impact the ability to speak, listen, read, write, spell, reason, and do math.
Since we live in a super competitive world, parents tend to worry when their child does not perform well academically. This is something that becomes a major cause for concern when a child has a learning disability. But there are therapies and special techniques available that can help a child to learn.
These techniques are developed based on the type of learning disability and the child's own ability.
Here are some ideas to consider:
As a parent you know what is best for your child so take charge of what he or she is learning and how.
Accept the fact that your child has an LD and look for the best way you can help him or her.
Gather information about the specific type of LD your child has to understand how it can affect your child.
Get help from teachers, experts, and other parents', but remember every child is different so be open to understanding your child's specific needs.
Protect your child and support him or her when they are under pressure from the outside world.
It is important to understand that the parent is the first teacher in a child's life. Understand that your behavior will shape your child's perception of his or her LD.
- Be patient and results will come in time. It is not good grades that matter as much as learning.
Each child can learn. Some just need to be taught a little differently.- Radha Tandon, Director PRAANGAN Centre for children with special educational needs.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News