Here is how you can help children with Learning Disabilities!
There are various types of learning disabilities (LD), which can affect the development of a child. A learning disability can impact the ability to speak, listen, read, write, spell, reason, and do math.
Since we live in a super competitive world, parents tend to worry when their child does not perform well academically. This is something that becomes a major cause for concern when a child has a learning disability. But there are therapies and special techniques available that can help a child to learn.
These techniques are developed based on the type of learning disability and the child's own ability.
Here are some ideas to consider:
As a parent you know what is best for your child so take charge of what he or she is learning and how.
Accept the fact that your child has an LD and look for the best way you can help him or her.
Gather information about the specific type of LD your child has to understand how it can affect your child.
Get help from teachers, experts, and other parents', but remember every child is different so be open to understanding your child's specific needs.
Protect your child and support him or her when they are under pressure from the outside world.
It is important to understand that the parent is the first teacher in a child's life. Understand that your behavior will shape your child’s perception of his or her LD.
- Be patient and results will come in time. It is not good grades that matter as much as learning.
Each child can learn. Some just need to be taught a little differently.- Radha Tandon, Director PRAANGAN Centre for children with special educational needs.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News