Samarthanam's Bengaluru job fair for disabled people gets a great response
September 7, 2018
NGO Samarthanam Trust has been working to empower people with various kinds of disabilities. Their recent job fair in Bengaluru was a popular affair, with over 600 people attending it.
With centres across India and abroad, Samarthanam Trust is a well known name in the disability space. So the job fair attracted plenty of interest from companies as well as local organizations. Their presence was a positive sign of a change in attitude when it comes to employing people with disabilities.
Most of the job seekers found positions as tele-callers and sales executives. There were openings for marketing and technical roles as well. At the end of the day, over 150 disabled people went back home with confirmation letters.
Founder Mahantesh GK was happy with the response and sees it as a sign that India is moving towards inclusion. The participation of so many companies is strong evidence of that.
He said there was a need to meet the demand by equipping disabled people in rural and urban areas with the necessary skills.
Disabled people in both rural and urban areas must be trained to use latest technologies to the maximum. It can change their lives for the best. True development is when disabled people become taxpayers of the nation. - Mahantesh GK, Founder, Samarthanam Trust.
Samarthanam Trust plans to hold more such job fairs to give companies a chance to find the talent in people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News