Samarthanam's Bengaluru job fair for disabled people gets a great response
September 7, 2018
NGO Samarthanam Trust has been working to empower people with various kinds of disabilities. Their recent job fair in Bengaluru was a popular affair, with over 600 people attending it.
With centres across India and abroad, Samarthanam Trust is a well known name in the disability space. So the job fair attracted plenty of interest from companies as well as local organizations. Their presence was a positive sign of a change in attitude when it comes to employing people with disabilities.
Most of the job seekers found positions as tele-callers and sales executives. There were openings for marketing and technical roles as well. At the end of the day, over 150 disabled people went back home with confirmation letters.
Founder Mahantesh GK was happy with the response and sees it as a sign that India is moving towards inclusion. The participation of so many companies is strong evidence of that.
He said there was a need to meet the demand by equipping disabled people in rural and urban areas with the necessary skills.
Disabled people in both rural and urban areas must be trained to use latest technologies to the maximum. It can change their lives for the best. True development is when disabled people become taxpayers of the nation. - Mahantesh GK, Founder, Samarthanam Trust.
Samarthanam Trust plans to hold more such job fairs to give companies a chance to find the talent in people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Headlines April 11, 2019 Higher chances of peace with India if Modi wins: Imran Khan
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Events April 11, 2019 Mock Interview for Persons with Disabilities
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News