Butterfly Therapy Center gives children with special needs wings to fly!
September 8, 2018
India is home to many special schools and therapy centres for children with special needs. This in indeed a remarkable and much needed change! While a special school imparts education and offers facilities of a school, a therapy centre empowers a child based on their disabilities by providing various therapies. One such therapy centre that is gaining popularity is the Butterfly Therapy Center (BTC) located at Hyderabad.
Founded by Srilatha and Ramakrishna in 2017, BTC reaches out to children with autism spectrum disorder and other learning disabilities. Currently, they have over 60 children with special needs at their center at Hyderabad. With over 20 special educators, BTC claims that individual care is given to children who are part of the center.
Both Srilatha and Ramakrishna have been helping out children with special needs for many years now. Srilatha used to work at the Rural Development Trust at Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. But she soon realised that her true calling was to empower children with special needs.
Clearly, BTC is not a school that adheres to strict rules. They claim to engage children in many activities including yoga, occupational and speech therapies, sensory integration and daily living skills.
I worked as a special educator for a while. That is when many parents started enquiring to me about when I can start an exclusive school for their children. Needs for each disability varies. At our center, we ensure that each child is given guidance and therapies according to their disability. We do not give admission to any child who wishes to join our center. We have to make sure that we give them the right guidance according to their disability- Srilatha, Co-founder, Butterfly Therapy Center.
The center charges Rs 12,000 per month from a child. But this varies according to the financial background of the child, and how much their families can afford to pay.
Once we realise that the child is capable of being admitted in a normal school, we inform their parents. They can carry forward from there. We believe that if we do good work, we can make the best out of our center- Srilatha, Co-founder, Butterfly Therapy Center.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News