Butterfly Therapy Center gives children with special needs wings to fly!
September 8, 2018
India is home to many special schools and therapy centres for children with special needs. This in indeed a remarkable and much needed change! While a special school imparts education and offers facilities of a school, a therapy centre empowers a child based on their disabilities by providing various therapies. One such therapy centre that is gaining popularity is the Butterfly Therapy Center (BTC) located at Hyderabad.
Founded by Srilatha and Ramakrishna in 2017, BTC reaches out to children with autism spectrum disorder and other learning disabilities. Currently, they have over 60 children with special needs at their center at Hyderabad. With over 20 special educators, BTC claims that individual care is given to children who are part of the center.
Both Srilatha and Ramakrishna have been helping out children with special needs for many years now. Srilatha used to work at the Rural Development Trust at Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. But she soon realised that her true calling was to empower children with special needs.
Clearly, BTC is not a school that adheres to strict rules. They claim to engage children in many activities including yoga, occupational and speech therapies, sensory integration and daily living skills.
I worked as a special educator for a while. That is when many parents started enquiring to me about when I can start an exclusive school for their children. Needs for each disability varies. At our center, we ensure that each child is given guidance and therapies according to their disability. We do not give admission to any child who wishes to join our center. We have to make sure that we give them the right guidance according to their disability- Srilatha, Co-founder, Butterfly Therapy Center.
The center charges Rs 12,000 per month from a child. But this varies according to the financial background of the child, and how much their families can afford to pay.
Once we realise that the child is capable of being admitted in a normal school, we inform their parents. They can carry forward from there. We believe that if we do good work, we can make the best out of our center- Srilatha, Co-founder, Butterfly Therapy Center.
Watch in Sign Language
- Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
June 16, 2019
- Understanding Fibromyalgia
June 16, 2019
- Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Ex-union minister Aslam Sher Khan offers to replace Rahul Gandhi
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News