Butterfly Therapy Center gives children with special needs wings to fly!
September 8, 2018
India is home to many special schools and therapy centres for children with special needs. This in indeed a remarkable and much needed change! While a special school imparts education and offers facilities of a school, a therapy centre empowers a child based on their disabilities by providing various therapies. One such therapy centre that is gaining popularity is the Butterfly Therapy Center (BTC) located at Hyderabad.
Founded by Srilatha and Ramakrishna in 2017, BTC reaches out to children with autism spectrum disorder and other learning disabilities. Currently, they have over 60 children with special needs at their center at Hyderabad. With over 20 special educators, BTC claims that individual care is given to children who are part of the center.
Both Srilatha and Ramakrishna have been helping out children with special needs for many years now. Srilatha used to work at the Rural Development Trust at Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh. But she soon realised that her true calling was to empower children with special needs.
Clearly, BTC is not a school that adheres to strict rules. They claim to engage children in many activities including yoga, occupational and speech therapies, sensory integration and daily living skills.
I worked as a special educator for a while. That is when many parents started enquiring to me about when I can start an exclusive school for their children. Needs for each disability varies. At our center, we ensure that each child is given guidance and therapies according to their disability. We do not give admission to any child who wishes to join our center. We have to make sure that we give them the right guidance according to their disability- Srilatha, Co-founder, Butterfly Therapy Center.
The center charges Rs 12,000 per month from a child. But this varies according to the financial background of the child, and how much their families can afford to pay.
Once we realise that the child is capable of being admitted in a normal school, we inform their parents. They can carry forward from there. We believe that if we do good work, we can make the best out of our center- Srilatha, Co-founder, Butterfly Therapy Center.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News