Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
September 8, 2018
Dear NewzHook readers! Here are the trending stories of the week!
Sohum an effective device will now be used by Primary health centres in Rajasthan to screen newborn babies for hearing loss. Early detection can make a lot of difference.
The sexual abuse of disabled inmates at the National Institute of the Visually Handicapped (NIVH) in Dehradun is another shameful incident for the country.
Sports can overcome boundaries and barriers. This week Manipur hosted the first workshop for Wheelchair basketball in the state.
Landmark judgment by the Supreme Court of India has decriminalized Section 377. Love wins!Upcoming movie Andha Dhun is a thriller and will feature a blind pianist as the main character. That does sound interesting!We will continue to bring more inspiring stories and latest news to you! Keep reading and have a great week ahead!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News