Check out WayAround, the app for blind people that's now available on Android
There are many mobile apps that make day to day living easier for people who are blind and visually impaired. One of them, WayAround, is now available on Android phones.
The app was launched in January 2018 on iOS and after many requests, it was decided to include bring it to Android phone users as well. WayAround works like a smart assistant, giving details on demand to users.
There is custom audio information that gives the user details about their home, work space, and other places they visit frequently.
Darwin Belt, the co-founder of WayAround, happens to be blind himself. He says that people with any degree of vision loss can use the app. It has been created such that it can work with the talkback screen and select to speak options.
Vishal Kumar, president, Blind Graduates Forum of India (BGFI) says he is looking forward to using the app.
It sounds like a great app for blind people. I live alone and commute to work using the local bus and train service. So I literally live on Google maps. Hope WayAround app can make life easier for many blind people across the world. - Vishal Kumar, President, Blind Graduates Forum of India.
Makers of the app claim this will revolutionize mobility for blind people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
November 19, 2018
- Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
November 13, 2018
- Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
November 12, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Image of 'Statue of Unity' from space released by American company
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Kerala shutdowns as Sabarimala open for ‘Mandala Kalam’
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News