Check out WayAround, the app for blind people that's now available on Android
September 13, 2018
There are many mobile apps that make day to day living easier for people who are blind and visually impaired. One of them, WayAround, is now available on Android phones.
The app was launched in January 2018 on iOS and after many requests, it was decided to include bring it to Android phone users as well. WayAround works like a smart assistant, giving details on demand to users.
There is custom audio information that gives the user details about their home, work space, and other places they visit frequently.
Darwin Belt, the co-founder of WayAround, happens to be blind himself. He says that people with any degree of vision loss can use the app. It has been created such that it can work with the talkback screen and select to speak options.
Vishal Kumar, president, Blind Graduates Forum of India (BGFI) says he is looking forward to using the app.
It sounds like a great app for blind people. I live alone and commute to work using the local bus and train service. So I literally live on Google maps. Hope WayAround app can make life easier for many blind people across the world. - Vishal Kumar, President, Blind Graduates Forum of India.
Makers of the app claim this will revolutionize mobility for blind people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
- 18-year-old with autism wins fans across the world with his app Aumi
August 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Don't demonise PM Modi, say senior Congress leaders
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News