Check out WayAround, the app for blind people that's now available on Android
There are many mobile apps that make day to day living easier for people who are blind and visually impaired. One of them, WayAround, is now available on Android phones.
The app was launched in January 2018 on iOS and after many requests, it was decided to include bring it to Android phone users as well. WayAround works like a smart assistant, giving details on demand to users.
There is custom audio information that gives the user details about their home, work space, and other places they visit frequently.
Darwin Belt, the co-founder of WayAround, happens to be blind himself. He says that people with any degree of vision loss can use the app. It has been created such that it can work with the talkback screen and select to speak options.
Vishal Kumar, president, Blind Graduates Forum of India (BGFI) says he is looking forward to using the app.
It sounds like a great app for blind people. I live alone and commute to work using the local bus and train service. So I literally live on Google maps. Hope WayAround app can make life easier for many blind people across the world. - Vishal Kumar, President, Blind Graduates Forum of India.
Makers of the app claim this will revolutionize mobility for blind people.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
- Parasports January 23, 2019 Para badminton camp in Mumbai seeks to nurture talent, attract support
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Events January 17, 2019 India Art Festival- IAF
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Parasports January 24, 2019 Over 200 chess players sign up for annual tournament in Hyderabad
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Dhoni set to add another milestone
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Technology January 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News