Check out WayAround, the app for blind people that's now available on Android
September 13, 2018
There are many mobile apps that make day to day living easier for people who are blind and visually impaired. One of them, WayAround, is now available on Android phones.
The app was launched in January 2018 on iOS and after many requests, it was decided to include bring it to Android phone users as well. WayAround works like a smart assistant, giving details on demand to users.
There is custom audio information that gives the user details about their home, work space, and other places they visit frequently.
Darwin Belt, the co-founder of WayAround, happens to be blind himself. He says that people with any degree of vision loss can use the app. It has been created such that it can work with the talkback screen and select to speak options.
Vishal Kumar, president, Blind Graduates Forum of India (BGFI) says he is looking forward to using the app.
It sounds like a great app for blind people. I live alone and commute to work using the local bus and train service. So I literally live on Google maps. Hope WayAround app can make life easier for many blind people across the world. - Vishal Kumar, President, Blind Graduates Forum of India.
Makers of the app claim this will revolutionize mobility for blind people.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
May 23, 2019
- Reserve Bank of India suggests app to help visually impaired people identify rupee notes
May 15, 2019
- Google's Android Q to introduce Live Captions and Subtitles to all types of content
May 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Headlines May 16, 2019 CRPF bans jawans from playing PUBG game
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News