Inclusion & profitability go hand in hand for Vindhya e-Infomedia
September 19, 2018
People with disabilities are potential change makers, and the world needs to recognize that. It is this belief that lies at the core of Vindhya e-Infomedia, a BPO that employes people with disabilities.
Vindhya is the brainchild of couple, Pavithra YS and Ashok. Founded in 2006, the organization trains people with different kinds of disabilities to work at their centres in Bengaluru and Hyderabad. Today, there are over 1,700 people, with and without disabilities, employed at Vindhya.
When you enter their office, you see employees' engaged in a range of tasks, like taking calls, typing out client demands, and more. The office complex is accessible with wheelchair ramps, disabled-friendly lifts and washrooms, and Braille signboards. Vindhya has gone the extra step and partnered with companies to sponsor free tri-wheelers and wheelchairs for employees who need them.
The first thing that we look for while hiring a candidate is their positive attitude towards life. Then come the basic qualifications, computer and English skills. Initially, we faced a few difficulties. Getting accepted by community members and clients was a huge issue, but now we stand tall like any other BPO. - Pavithra YS, Co-founder, Vindhya e-Infomedia.
Some of the services Vindhya offers include translation, transcription, insurance, environmental compliance, finance & accounting, data solutions and so on. Once they are hired, NGOs train these youngsters to face the competitive world.
Gajendra K is an assistant manager at Vindhya. He has been with the company for over seven years now. He has an orthopaedic disability, but looking at his typing speed, one would never think that.
Gajendra says that working at Vindhya has boosted his confidence. "I am independent and I must say that I am very proud to be a part of this organization. Our founders are our strongest pillars of support. The entire campus is easily accessible. That makes mobility easy for many of my colleagues as well. Working in such a place will give you better opportunities in life. "
Vindhya aims to employ at least 5,000 employees in the coming years. Clearly, for this BPO, profitability and inclusion go hand in hand.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News