Akshay Kumar helps jobless acid attack survivor with â‚¹5 lakh aid
September 21, 2018
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is known for being a generous and compassionate man. He has been making contributions to various causes and helping out people in need.
Akshay Kumar has now come forward to help out acid attack survivor and activist Laxmi Agarwal.
Laxmi Agarwal recently revealed through a newspaper article that she is going through a financial crisis as she has been without a job for almost one year.
The story moved a lot of people including Akshay who has given an amount of Rs5 lakh to Laxmi to help her get through the money problems.
Laxmi was abandoned by her live-in partner a few years back and was also unemployed for a year. She was almost on the brink of becoming a homeless person as she was not able to pay the rent of her house in Delhi.
Laxmi has a three-year-old daughter and also takes care of her elderly mother. Without a steady income, it was becoming hard for her to take care of her family.
Akshay said, "Laxmi should be able to search for a job with dignity...I wish people realise that when a person is in need of livelihood, medals, awards and certificates don't pay the bills."
Laxmi is now also receiving job offers and financial support from several other people who wish to help her out.
After she survived an acid attack in 2005, Laxmi became an activist and started giving motivational talks. She has received a number of awards and has also walked the ramp.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News