Akshay Kumar helps jobless acid attack survivor with ₹5 lakh aid
September 21, 2018
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is known for being a generous and compassionate man. He has been making contributions to various causes and helping out people in need.
Akshay Kumar has now come forward to help out acid attack survivor and activist Laxmi Agarwal.
Laxmi Agarwal recently revealed through a newspaper article that she is going through a financial crisis as she has been without a job for almost one year.
The story moved a lot of people including Akshay who has given an amount of Rs5 lakh to Laxmi to help her get through the money problems.
Laxmi was abandoned by her live-in partner a few years back and was also unemployed for a year. She was almost on the brink of becoming a homeless person as she was not able to pay the rent of her house in Delhi.
Laxmi has a three-year-old daughter and also takes care of her elderly mother. Without a steady income, it was becoming hard for her to take care of her family.
Akshay said, "Laxmi should be able to search for a job with dignity...I wish people realise that when a person is in need of livelihood, medals, awards and certificates don't pay the bills."
Laxmi is now also receiving job offers and financial support from several other people who wish to help her out.
After she survived an acid attack in 2005, Laxmi became an activist and started giving motivational talks. She has received a number of awards and has also walked the ramp.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News