Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Dear NewzHook readers! Here are the big stories of the week that went by!
CBSE plans to introduce Sign Language & Braille as subjects. Many parents have welcomed it as a step towards inclusion but how will it be implemented that's the big question!Parents of children with neuromuscular diseases can now get support at India's 1st Neuro centre in Bangalore.All moms are amazing cooks! Popular cookery show Zayka ka Tadka hopes to convey skills of blind mothers at cooking. The third season of the show kicked off on 19 September.Union Minister Babul Supriyo was heavily criticized for the insensitive comments he made at an event for disabled people. Keep reading NewzHook for more latest news.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018