This workshop will help parents of disabled kids with tips on healthy eating
Children need proper nutrition for their physical and mental growth. However, children are very picky about food and have different eating habits. Parents go through a constant worry about ensuring a balanced meal for their children.
Some kids hate vegetables while there are some who hate lentils and soups. It can get very overwhelming for kids at meal times when they are forced by their concerned parents to eat healthy.
Proper nutrition comes from a healthy balanced diet taken every day. This is important to ensure the development of the child’s bones, internal organs and brain.
Every parent wishes their child has a well-balanced meal and is open to newer food experiences to provide them with the right nourishment, and support their cognitive and physical development. However, for some children mealtimes and food are far from an enjoyable experience. With this workshop, we hope to give parents the necessary tools to make eating and food not just a fun experience, but also strengthen the parent-child emotional bond.- Chaula Badiani Founder Reach Therapy Center for Children
Well worry no more as experts are here to help! Reach Therapy Center for Children is holding a workshop that will help parents feed their kids without much fuss.
EASY ‘PEAS' Y workshop has been designed with practical and effective strategies for happy eating. These can be used to make during mealtimes toensuer that children can start eating healthy and get into habit of being happy eaters.
Reach Therapy Center for Children is a healthcare center and has been providing state-of-art Occupational Therapy services to children with developmental disabilities and special needs.
The centre has been successful in rehabilitation and training of disabled children by working on their gross motor skills, fine motor skills, co-ordination, balance, strength and endurance, sensory processing, handwriting, attention, social skills and a lots more.
Reach Therapy Center for Children provides direct services to children and their families.they have been working with children with developmental conditions such as Autism, LD, ADHD, developmental coordination disorders, Down’s syndrome, developmental delays, handwriting difficulties and more.
EASY ‘PEAS' Y workshop will cover some basic and crucial aspects of feeding a fussy eater such as:
• Stages of sensory-motor development of feeding
• Sensor, motor, behavioral and environmental factors affecting feeding
• Difference between a picky eater and problem feeder
• Practical, evidence based and effective strategies to help your child eat easily
The workshop will take place in Mumbai on 21 October and you can call on +91 9769611844 or +91 9987545114 to register for the workshop.
Children with disabilities tend to have more feeding issues at times and parents can benefit from expert guidance. These workshops can make a positive difference as they focus on the feeding difficulties and impart practical help.
To know more about Reach Therapy Center and the workshop click here.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Events December 17, 2018 AADI Winter festival 2018!
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018