This workshop will help parents of disabled kids with tips on healthy eating
Children need proper nutrition for their physical and mental growth. However, children are very picky about food and have different eating habits. Parents go through a constant worry about ensuring a balanced meal for their children.
Some kids hate vegetables while there are some who hate lentils and soups. It can get very overwhelming for kids at meal times when they are forced by their concerned parents to eat healthy.
Proper nutrition comes from a healthy balanced diet taken every day. This is important to ensure the development of the child’s bones, internal organs and brain.
Every parent wishes their child has a well-balanced meal and is open to newer food experiences to provide them with the right nourishment, and support their cognitive and physical development. However, for some children mealtimes and food are far from an enjoyable experience. With this workshop, we hope to give parents the necessary tools to make eating and food not just a fun experience, but also strengthen the parent-child emotional bond.- Chaula Badiani Founder Reach Therapy Center for Children
Well worry no more as experts are here to help! Reach Therapy Center for Children is holding a workshop that will help parents feed their kids without much fuss.
EASY ‘PEAS' Y workshop has been designed with practical and effective strategies for happy eating. These can be used to make during mealtimes toensuer that children can start eating healthy and get into habit of being happy eaters.
Reach Therapy Center for Children is a healthcare center and has been providing state-of-art Occupational Therapy services to children with developmental disabilities and special needs.
The centre has been successful in rehabilitation and training of disabled children by working on their gross motor skills, fine motor skills, co-ordination, balance, strength and endurance, sensory processing, handwriting, attention, social skills and a lots more.
Reach Therapy Center for Children provides direct services to children and their families.they have been working with children with developmental conditions such as Autism, LD, ADHD, developmental coordination disorders, Down’s syndrome, developmental delays, handwriting difficulties and more.
EASY ‘PEAS' Y workshop will cover some basic and crucial aspects of feeding a fussy eater such as:
• Stages of sensory-motor development of feeding
• Sensor, motor, behavioral and environmental factors affecting feeding
• Difference between a picky eater and problem feeder
• Practical, evidence based and effective strategies to help your child eat easily
The workshop will take place in Mumbai on 21 October and you can call on +91 9769611844 or +91 9987545114 to register for the workshop.
Children with disabilities tend to have more feeding issues at times and parents can benefit from expert guidance. These workshops can make a positive difference as they focus on the feeding difficulties and impart practical help.
To know more about Reach Therapy Center and the workshop click here.
Watch in Sign Language
- Check out these fun outings for children with autism
October 21, 2018
- Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
October 21, 2018
- Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
October 21, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 21, 2018
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News