Vaani Deaf Children’s Foundation launches newsletters for deaf awareness
The Vaani Deaf Children Foundation is one of the most prominent NGOs working for deaf children in Bengaluru. Founded in 2005, Vaani has been empowering hundreds of deaf children from rural parts of Karnataka.
Now, it has launched something for promoting awareness about deafness amongst people in both rural and urban areas. It's a newsletter called Lakshana, something that you would not want to miss.
Lakshana was launched a few weeks ago and will be published every four months. The first issue was quote a hit with the deaf community.
During a field trip to Koppal, Karnataka, we saw a 75-year-old man reading Lakshana. Later he started talking to others about the news there. This is exactly what we aimed from the newsletter that more people in rural areas be made aware of deafness. - Bhavani Arumugham, Programs Head, Vaani Deaf Children’s Foundation.
Lakshana is released in four languages, that include English, Kannada, Bengali and Hindi. Their first issue was focussed on early detection of deafness. Over 10,000 copies were handed out to different people, free of cost.
“We do case studies based on deafness. All the information that we gather is used for Lakshana. We hope this will reach out to people at the grassroots level”, says Bhavani.
Want to grab a copy? Lakshana can be downloaded from the official website of Vaani.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019