Paralympians get a grand send off for Jakarta, with best wishes from SRK
September 27, 2018
The contingent of Indian Paralympians are raring to go at upcoming Asian Para Games 2018 in Jakarta.
The Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) organised a send-off ceremony for them in New Delhi, where actor Shah Rukh Khan was present to wish them good luck.
He later took to Twitter to share the moment:
Thx to the Paralympic Committee of India..to allow me to get inspired by the Paralympic Contingent of boys & girls. Learnt the lesson of celebrating incompleteness with grit & courage. Jao & Chak Doh Phatte !! Lov & best wishes to all of u. -Shah Rukh Khan, Actor
These are the third Asian Para Games and they will be held from 6 to 13 October 2018 in Indonesia's capital Jakarta.
This year India is sending a huge contingent of 300 people, which includes 200 athletes, coaches, support staff, escorts, staff and officials.
Players will participate in various events including athletics, swimming, badminton, chess and powerlifting.
Among the stars taking part are Deepa Malik, Devendra Jhajharia, Mariappan Thangavelu, and Varun Bhati to name a few.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Hardik Pandya & KL Rahul fined Rs 20 lakh for comment on TV show
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News