Hans Raj College walks the talk when it comes to creating inclusion on campus
One of Delhi University , oldest and most renowned colleges, Hans Raj, is also a good example of what an inclusive campus should look like.
It has an cell dedicated to this task and that is the Enabling Unit & Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC). This is an active wing led by ambitious and dynamic students. The team works closely with other departments to make sure that students with disabilities are well integrated.
The cell makes a world of difference for students with disabilities who are new on campus. Their efforts reflect in the various events and fun activities that take place at Hans Raj every year, which include all students.
This year, the EOC is organizing an orientation programme for volunteers and members. This will be held on 28 September and includes many entertainment activities like a Nukkad Natak.
There will also be song and dance performances as well.
The guest speaker Aakash Bhardwaj, is the founder of KHAAS, the world’s first travel company managed by visually impaired people.
The atmosphere created here through inclusion festivals has also enabled students with disabilities to feel the vibe of the university atmosphere.Karan, a student here, says "coming to the college is a happy experience as there is an enabling experience created".
The Equal Opportunity Cell is led by its President Ankur Chaudhary while Sintoo Shah is President of the Enabling Unit at Hans Raj. The two young leaders are dynamic, energetic and committed towards making a positive change in the world around them.
It is great to get this opportunity and work for inclusion in education. There is so much that we can do to help Differently abled.- Ankur Chaudhary President of Equal Opportunity Cell Hans Raj College
Watch in Sign Language
- Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
November 15, 2018
- Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
November 14, 2018
- MBBS entrance exam brochure makes no mention of modified rules for disabled candidates
November 2, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 Arunima Sinha, first female amputee to climb Mount Everest, gets honorary doctorate in the UK
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Employment November 9, 2018 Career options for people with learning disabilities
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Virat Kohli apologises after getting trolled for 'Leave India' comment to fan
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News