Hans Raj College walks the talk when it comes to creating inclusion on campus
September 28, 2018
One of Delhi University , oldest and most renowned colleges, Hans Raj, is also a good example of what an inclusive campus should look like.
It has an cell dedicated to this task and that is the Enabling Unit & Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC). This is an active wing led by ambitious and dynamic students. The team works closely with other departments to make sure that students with disabilities are well integrated.
The cell makes a world of difference for students with disabilities who are new on campus. Their efforts reflect in the various events and fun activities that take place at Hans Raj every year, which include all students.
This year, the EOC is organizing an orientation programme for volunteers and members. This will be held on 28 September and includes many entertainment activities like a Nukkad Natak.
There will also be song and dance performances as well.
The guest speaker Aakash Bhardwaj, is the founder of KHAAS, the world's first travel company managed by visually impaired people.
The atmosphere created here through inclusion festivals has also enabled students with disabilities to feel the vibe of the university atmosphere.Karan, a student here, says "coming to the college is a happy experience as there is an enabling experience created".
The Equal Opportunity Cell is led by its President Ankur Chaudhary while Sintoo Shah is President of the Enabling Unit at Hans Raj. The two young leaders are dynamic, energetic and committed towards making a positive change in the world around them.
It is great to get this opportunity and work for inclusion in education. There is so much that we can do to help Differently abled.- Ankur Chaudhary President of Equal Opportunity Cell Hans Raj College
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Events May 26, 2019 31st International Conference on Cancer Research and therapy
- Headlines May 25, 2019 18 children killed in fire at Surat building
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Accessibility May 26, 2019 'Have a right to be out & about', says Sindhu, only wheelchair user to attend Kerala's Attukal Pongala festival
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News