Hans Raj College walks the talk when it comes to creating inclusion on campus
September 28, 2018
One of Delhi University , oldest and most renowned colleges, Hans Raj, is also a good example of what an inclusive campus should look like.
It has an cell dedicated to this task and that is the Enabling Unit & Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC). This is an active wing led by ambitious and dynamic students. The team works closely with other departments to make sure that students with disabilities are well integrated.
The cell makes a world of difference for students with disabilities who are new on campus. Their efforts reflect in the various events and fun activities that take place at Hans Raj every year, which include all students.
This year, the EOC is organizing an orientation programme for volunteers and members. This will be held on 28 September and includes many entertainment activities like a Nukkad Natak.
There will also be song and dance performances as well.
The guest speaker Aakash Bhardwaj, is the founder of KHAAS, the world's first travel company managed by visually impaired people.
The atmosphere created here through inclusion festivals has also enabled students with disabilities to feel the vibe of the university atmosphere.Karan, a student here, says "coming to the college is a happy experience as there is an enabling experience created".
The Equal Opportunity Cell is led by its President Ankur Chaudhary while Sintoo Shah is President of the Enabling Unit at Hans Raj. The two young leaders are dynamic, energetic and committed towards making a positive change in the world around them.
It is great to get this opportunity and work for inclusion in education. There is so much that we can do to help Differently abled.- Ankur Chaudhary President of Equal Opportunity Cell Hans Raj College
Watch in Sign Language
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
- Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
July 10, 2019
- Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
July 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News