Hans Raj College walks the talk when it comes to creating inclusion on campus
September 28, 2018
One of Delhi University , oldest and most renowned colleges, Hans Raj, is also a good example of what an inclusive campus should look like.
It has an cell dedicated to this task and that is the Enabling Unit & Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC). This is an active wing led by ambitious and dynamic students. The team works closely with other departments to make sure that students with disabilities are well integrated.
The cell makes a world of difference for students with disabilities who are new on campus. Their efforts reflect in the various events and fun activities that take place at Hans Raj every year, which include all students.
This year, the EOC is organizing an orientation programme for volunteers and members. This will be held on 28 September and includes many entertainment activities like a Nukkad Natak.
There will also be song and dance performances as well.
The guest speaker Aakash Bhardwaj, is the founder of KHAAS, the world's first travel company managed by visually impaired people.
The atmosphere created here through inclusion festivals has also enabled students with disabilities to feel the vibe of the university atmosphere.Karan, a student here, says "coming to the college is a happy experience as there is an enabling experience created".
The Equal Opportunity Cell is led by its President Ankur Chaudhary while Sintoo Shah is President of the Enabling Unit at Hans Raj. The two young leaders are dynamic, energetic and committed towards making a positive change in the world around them.
It is great to get this opportunity and work for inclusion in education. There is so much that we can do to help Differently abled.- Ankur Chaudhary President of Equal Opportunity Cell Hans Raj College
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events March 11, 2019
Get-hooked March 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News