Hans Raj College walks the talk when it comes to creating inclusion on campus
One of Delhi University , oldest and most renowned colleges, Hans Raj, is also a good example of what an inclusive campus should look like.
It has an cell dedicated to this task and that is the Enabling Unit & Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC). This is an active wing led by ambitious and dynamic students. The team works closely with other departments to make sure that students with disabilities are well integrated.
The cell makes a world of difference for students with disabilities who are new on campus. Their efforts reflect in the various events and fun activities that take place at Hans Raj every year, which include all students.
This year, the EOC is organizing an orientation programme for volunteers and members. This will be held on 28 September and includes many entertainment activities like a Nukkad Natak.
There will also be song and dance performances as well.
The guest speaker Aakash Bhardwaj, is the founder of KHAAS, the world’s first travel company managed by visually impaired people.
The atmosphere created here through inclusion festivals has also enabled students with disabilities to feel the vibe of the university atmosphere.Karan, a student here, says "coming to the college is a happy experience as there is an enabling experience created".
The Equal Opportunity Cell is led by its President Ankur Chaudhary while Sintoo Shah is President of the Enabling Unit at Hans Raj. The two young leaders are dynamic, energetic and committed towards making a positive change in the world around them.
It is great to get this opportunity and work for inclusion in education. There is so much that we can do to help Differently abled.- Ankur Chaudhary President of Equal Opportunity Cell Hans Raj College
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Headlines January 23, 2019 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Headlines January 24, 2019 Piyush Goyal takes charge of finance
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
- Headlines January 24, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi joins politics, gets key role
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Headlines January 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News