Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
September 29, 2018
Dear readers! We are here again with some more trending stories for the week. The week was the International Week of the Deaf along with International Day of Sign Languages on 23 September! Newzhook celebrated it by showcasing stories about the power of sign language.We presented stories of people and initiatives in the fields of education, arts, films and more. Malayalam channel Asianet News also made their news broadcast inclusive for a week by adding sign language interpretation.
It was a great week for para sports in India as Maharashtra team became national champs in women's wheelchair basketball. Vaishali Salavkar also made India proud as the 1st blind chess player at World Chess Olympiad.
Disabled student Rohit Sharma won his case against Chandigarh medical college and has been allowed by the court to get admission and study medicine.
Keep reading Newzhook for more news and inspiring stories!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Get-Hooked August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News