Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
September 29, 2018
Dear readers! We are here again with some more trending stories for the week. The week was the International Week of the Deaf along with International Day of Sign Languages on 23 September! Newzhook celebrated it by showcasing stories about the power of sign language.We presented stories of people and initiatives in the fields of education, arts, films and more. Malayalam channel Asianet News also made their news broadcast inclusive for a week by adding sign language interpretation.
It was a great week for para sports in India as Maharashtra team became national champs in women's wheelchair basketball. Vaishali Salavkar also made India proud as the 1st blind chess player at World Chess Olympiad.
Disabled student Rohit Sharma won his case against Chandigarh medical college and has been allowed by the court to get admission and study medicine.
Keep reading Newzhook for more news and inspiring stories!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News