Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Dear readers! We are here again with some more trending stories for the week. The week was the International Week of the Deaf along with International Day of Sign Languages on 23 September! Newzhook celebrated it by showcasing stories about the power of sign language.We presented stories of people and initiatives in the fields of education, arts, films and more. Malayalam channel Asianet News also made their news broadcast inclusive for a week by adding sign language interpretation.
It was a great week for para sports in India as Maharashtra team became national champs in women's wheelchair basketball. Vaishali Salavkar also made India proud as the 1st blind chess player at World Chess Olympiad.
Disabled student Rohit Sharma won his case against Chandigarh medical college and has been allowed by the court to get admission and study medicine.
Keep reading Newzhook for more news and inspiring stories!
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News