India to host the Deaf ICC T20 World Cup
September 30, 2018
Great news for cricket lovers in the country! The second edition of the Deaf ICC T20 World Cup will be held this year and the honor of holding the tournament has been given to India.
The Deaf ICC T20 World Cup championship will be held between 23 November and 30 November in Gurugram, New Delhi.
The Deaf World Cup will see 8 teams fighting for the prestigious title.
Every team will play three matches in the group stage. These matches will decide two teams from each group which will then qualify for the semifinals.
Around 200 players will take part in the tournament from countries including the host India, England, Australia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, South Africa.
Deaf ICC T20 World Cup will be hosted by the Deaf Cricket Society, which is the main governing body that manages, promotes and organizes cricket for the deaf players in India.
Cricket is still one of the most popular sports played and watched in the country. In 2017 alone, the sport enjoyed 717 million TV viewers and around 27 billion impressions per week. Today we are confident that disability sport such as cricket will gain momentum and support by this world class tournament being held in India - Sumit Jain, General Secretary, Deaf Cricket Society
Cricket is the most loved sport in India and this time disabled players will be showcasing their cricketing skills. Let's get ready to cheer for the players and enjoy the sport.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News