Bengaluru gears up to host international blind cricket series
October 2, 2018
Bengaluru, get ready to witness a bunch of talented blind cricketers all set to showcase their talents this October! Samarthanam Trust along with the Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) is organizing a Bilateral and Triangular Cricket Series in the garden city of Bengaluru. This event will start on 2 October and go on till 27 October. India, Sri Lanka and England will participate in the match which will be held at the SSE Sports Ground at Hajbhavan in Bengaluru
Samarthanam Trust, an NGO that works for disabled people, have always reached out to talented para sports players. This time too, they are bringing together the best talents for the upcoming blind cricket series.
Mahantesh GK is the Founder of Samarthanam Trust and President of CABI. A pioneer in blind cricket, Mahantesh has been the captain of the Indian Blind Cricket Team for a while.
Blind cricketers are very talented. A platform like this will bring out the best in them. The Indian blind cricket has been undergoing rigorous training sessions to prepare for this series. I wish them all the good luck. - Mahantesh GK, Founder, Samarthanam Trust
Undoubtedly, this series is going to raise the confidence and determination of players. But it will also be a preparation for the upcoming international blind cricket matches. Tough practice sessions and hard work is required to prepare for the third T-20 world cricket cup in 2020 and sixth ODI World Cup which is scheduled to be held in 2022.
Last month, the blind cricket team had made a remarkable win against Sri Lanka in the bilateral series in their home town.
Para sports in India are reaching bigger levels. Last week, the Indian wheelchair cricket team made the country proud by winning a bilateral series in UAE. They smashed their opponents Pakistan, and marked their expertise in fielding, bowling and batting.
This blind cricket series is definitely going to be worth the watch to witness some mind-blowing performances.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News