October is Attention Deficit Disorder Association awareness month! Here is some info about ADHD
October is observed as the awareness month for ADHD- Attention Deficit Disorder Association.
Events and activities are organized in India and across all parts of the world to let people know more about ADHD.
Lack of information about the disorder has given rise to several myths that create an inaccurate idea about ADHD in the minds of people.
ADHD is the most commonly found mental disorder among children. Children with ADHD can be hyperactive and are not able to control their impulses and emotions.
For parents of children diagnosed with ADHD, awareness and acceptance is important. It is also vital for parents to understand how to deal with ADHD and yet move on in life. Let the children grow and develop at their own pace and provide love and support. Rzhude David, Parent
ADHD affects the attention span of the affected person and thus interfere with their school and home life.
ADHD is more common in boys than in girls and is usually diagnosed in early school days. In children some of the common symptoms of ADHD are:
• Getting distracted easily
• Unable to follow directions or finish tasks
• Not able to focus on listening
• Unable to pay attention and making careless mistakes
• Forgetting about daily activities and organizing simple tasks
• Difficulty in sitting still and calm, fidgeting
• Tendency to daydream and losing stuff
To help a child with ADHD, both medication and therapy can be used. The child feels calmer with medication and through therapy can be taught about dealing with attention issues.
Early diagnoses can result in timely treatment and that in turn helps to make the life better for children with ADHD as they grow up.
Therapy and practice can help the person with ADHD to earn to control their impulses and finishing their tasks.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Technology January 23, 2019 Inspiration is just a phone call away thanks to EnAble Vaani
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 23, 2019
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News