October is Attention Deficit Disorder Association awareness month! Here is some info about ADHD
October 3, 2018
October is observed as the awareness month for ADHD- Attention Deficit Disorder Association.
Events and activities are organized in India and across all parts of the world to let people know more about ADHD.
Lack of information about the disorder has given rise to several myths that create an inaccurate idea about ADHD in the minds of people.
ADHD is the most commonly found mental disorder among children. Children with ADHD can be hyperactive and are not able to control their impulses and emotions.
For parents of children diagnosed with ADHD, awareness and acceptance is important. It is also vital for parents to understand how to deal with ADHD and yet move on in life. Let the children grow and develop at their own pace and provide love and support. Rzhude David, Parent
ADHD affects the attention span of the affected person and thus interfere with their school and home life.
ADHD is more common in boys than in girls and is usually diagnosed in early school days. In children some of the common symptoms of ADHD are:
- Getting distracted easily
- Unable to follow directions or finish tasks
- Not able to focus on listening
- Unable to pay attention and making careless mistakes
- Forgetting about daily activities and organizing simple tasks
- Difficulty in sitting still and calm, fidgeting
- Tendency to daydream and losing stuff
To help a child with ADHD, both medication and therapy can be used. The child feels calmer with medication and through therapy can be taught about dealing with attention issues.
Early diagnoses can result in timely treatment and that in turn helps to make the life better for children with ADHD as they grow up.
Therapy and practice can help the person with ADHD to earn to control their impulses and finishing their tasks.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News