A campaign for underprivileged kids with Cerebral Palsy
October 4, 2018
Aspecialworld is a forum dedicated to create support for families of children with disabilities. Support, awareness and guidance are extremely useful for parents that want to make the lives of their children better.
The group was founded by Chinnappa Mathanda for the purpose of doing some good for children with disabilities and their families.
Chinnappa has now started a campaign that aims to create awareness about Cerebral Palsy. 6 October is observed as World Cerebral Palsy Day. CP is the most common motor disability in childhood and affects millions of kids across the world .
When I got my first wheelchair as a child. I felt like I was given new legs. I was able to move around and be more independent. This is a great initiative to help other children with Cerebral Palsy get wheelchairs.- Karthik Chandrashekar, Senior Officer, Standard Chartered
Children with CP have mobility difficulties and in most cases need wheelchairs to move around. The cost of a wheelchair is around Rs 5,000, which is too much for a family with limited financial resources.
The #raiseagreenhand campaign aims to raise funds that can be used to provide wheelchairs for needy kids with Cerebral Palsy. The month-long fundraising campaign hopes to raise two lakh rupees to provide free wheelchairs for underprivileged children with CP. So far Rs 50,260 have been collected through donations.
You can donate any amount whether big or small, as every small bit can make a difference. You can also share the message with others.- Chinnappa Mathanda, Campaigner.
Another great idea to create awareness is to paint your hand green which is the official colour of Cerebral Palsy. Take a picture and post the picture with the hashtag #raiseagreenhand to spread the message.
You can also wear a green ribbon that symbolizes the color of CP.
To get more info about #raiseagreenhand and aSPECIALworld - Forum for special children click here
Watch in Sign Language
- Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
June 16, 2019
- Understanding Fibromyalgia
June 16, 2019
- Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News