A campaign for underprivileged kids with Cerebral Palsy
October 4, 2018
Aspecialworld is a forum dedicated to create support for families of children with disabilities. Support, awareness and guidance are extremely useful for parents that want to make the lives of their children better.
The group was founded by Chinnappa Mathanda for the purpose of doing some good for children with disabilities and their families.
Chinnappa has now started a campaign that aims to create awareness about Cerebral Palsy. 6 October is observed as World Cerebral Palsy Day. CP is the most common motor disability in childhood and affects millions of kids across the world .
When I got my first wheelchair as a child. I felt like I was given new legs. I was able to move around and be more independent. This is a great initiative to help other children with Cerebral Palsy get wheelchairs.- Karthik Chandrashekar, Senior Officer, Standard Chartered
Children with CP have mobility difficulties and in most cases need wheelchairs to move around. The cost of a wheelchair is around Rs 5,000, which is too much for a family with limited financial resources.
The #raiseagreenhand campaign aims to raise funds that can be used to provide wheelchairs for needy kids with Cerebral Palsy. The month-long fundraising campaign hopes to raise two lakh rupees to provide free wheelchairs for underprivileged children with CP. So far Rs 50,260 have been collected through donations.
You can donate any amount whether big or small, as every small bit can make a difference. You can also share the message with others.- Chinnappa Mathanda, Campaigner.
Another great idea to create awareness is to paint your hand green which is the official colour of Cerebral Palsy. Take a picture and post the picture with the hashtag #raiseagreenhand to spread the message.
You can also wear a green ribbon that symbolizes the color of CP.
To get more info about #raiseagreenhand and aSPECIALworld - Forum for special children click here
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News