A campaign for underprivileged kids with Cerebral Palsy
Aspecialworld is a forum dedicated to create support for families of children with disabilities. Support, awareness and guidance are extremely useful for parents that want to make the lives of their children better.
The group was founded by Chinnappa Mathanda for the purpose of doing some good for children with disabilities and their families.
Chinnappa has now started a campaign that aims to create awareness about Cerebral Palsy. 6 October is observed as World Cerebral Palsy Day. CP is the most common motor disability in childhood and affects millions of kids across the world .
When I got my first wheelchair as a child. I felt like I was given new legs. I was able to move around and be more independent. This is a great initiative to help other children with Cerebral Palsy get wheelchairs.- Karthik Chandrashekar, Senior Officer, Standard Chartered
Children with CP have mobility difficulties and in most cases need wheelchairs to move around. The cost of a wheelchair is around Rs 5,000, which is too much for a family with limited financial resources.
The #raiseagreenhand campaign aims to raise funds that can be used to provide wheelchairs for needy kids with Cerebral Palsy. The month-long fundraising campaign hopes to raise two lakh rupees to provide free wheelchairs for underprivileged children with CP. So far Rs 50,260 have been collected through donations.
You can donate any amount whether big or small, as every small bit can make a difference. You can also share the message with others.- Chinnappa Mathanda, Campaigner.
Another great idea to create awareness is to paint your hand green which is the official colour of Cerebral Palsy. Take a picture and post the picture with the hashtag #raiseagreenhand to spread the message.
You can also wear a green ribbon that symbolizes the color of CP.
To get more info about #raiseagreenhand and aSPECIALworld - Forum for special children click here
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News