GiftAbled Foundation joins hands with KRBAAS for a memorable Gandhi Jayanthi
October 7, 2018
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi, everyone tries to do something for society, to remember the ideals of Bapuji. That was the sentiment that led a group of people from GiftAbled Foundation in Bengaluru when they celebrated the day at the KRBAAS centre, which supports people with spinal cord injuries.
Most of the people at KRBAAS met with spinal cord injuries due to accidents. Like a doctor of homeopathy who was injured when a stone roof fell on him. Another man fell from the roof while drying his clothes, and so on. All examples of how any one of us can suffer a disability at any time.
All those admitted at the centre are undergoing rehabilitation. Once their treatment is over, they will return homes.
It takes a lot of time for a person with spinal cord injuries to get rehabilitated. There is a lot of patience and support needed on the part of family members, therapists and caretakers. We wanted to do something for all of them and they were very firm that they did not want financial aid. So we decided to spend quality time with them. - Prarthana Kaul, Co-founder, GiftAbled Foundation.
Currently, there are 10 people at the centre. All of them enjoyed a day filled with music, laughter and fun. They loved the opportunity to meet new people and socialize.
"Most of the people here are from economically backward families. They cannot even afford medicines. Inspite of that, they did not want any financial aid. This amazed us. All they needed was to have a good time. Hope we could do that", added Prarthana.
This is indeed a beautiful way of celebrating Gandhi Jayanthi to spread message of love and hope. Just what Gandhiji taught the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News