GiftAbled Foundation joins hands with KRBAAS for a memorable Gandhi Jayanthi
October 7, 2018
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi, everyone tries to do something for society, to remember the ideals of Bapuji. That was the sentiment that led a group of people from GiftAbled Foundation in Bengaluru when they celebrated the day at the KRBAAS centre, which supports people with spinal cord injuries.
Most of the people at KRBAAS met with spinal cord injuries due to accidents. Like a doctor of homeopathy who was injured when a stone roof fell on him. Another man fell from the roof while drying his clothes, and so on. All examples of how any one of us can suffer a disability at any time.
All those admitted at the centre are undergoing rehabilitation. Once their treatment is over, they will return homes.
It takes a lot of time for a person with spinal cord injuries to get rehabilitated. There is a lot of patience and support needed on the part of family members, therapists and caretakers. We wanted to do something for all of them and they were very firm that they did not want financial aid. So we decided to spend quality time with them. - Prarthana Kaul, Co-founder, GiftAbled Foundation.
Currently, there are 10 people at the centre. All of them enjoyed a day filled with music, laughter and fun. They loved the opportunity to meet new people and socialize.
"Most of the people here are from economically backward families. They cannot even afford medicines. Inspite of that, they did not want any financial aid. This amazed us. All they needed was to have a good time. Hope we could do that", added Prarthana.
This is indeed a beautiful way of celebrating Gandhi Jayanthi to spread message of love and hope. Just what Gandhiji taught the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News