Inclusive livelihood program, Pankh - Wings of Destiny, wins prestigious award
Pankh- Wings of Destiny, a flagship initiative of Trust for Retailers and Retail Associates of India (TRRAIN) has won the prestigious CSR Impact Awards.
Started by B S Nagesh, TRRAIN works to improve the lives of retail employees, both at the workplace and at home. The Pankh program aims to build an an inclusive workforce by training and employing persons with disabilities in retail and hospitality roles.
Since it was launched, Pankh has created livelihood opportunities for nearly 10,000 people with disabilities. Their trainees have been placed in chains like DMart, Reliance Retail, Future Group, to name a few.
Speaking at the event, Nancy Desai, Director, Finance & Livelihood Programs, TRRAIN, reiterated the organization's commitment towards creating an inclusive world.
With each of our batches at Pankh, it is wonderful to witness how our and our partners’ efforts have positively impacted the lives of thousands of our trainees and their families. To be recognized as the best livelihood program this year has only strengthened our belief that our vision of creating an inclusive world for all is slowly taking shape and bringing about an everlasting change. - Nancy Desai, Director - Finance & Livelihood Programs at TRRAIN
Pankh is the only inclusion program in the country that works towards ensuring placements for the trainees.
B S Nagesh, Founder, TRRAIN also pointed out that "94% of the organizations who have recruited our trainees feel extremely happy with their performance and continue to hire more persons with disabilities as they noticed that customers really didn’t find a big difference in communicating with them and other associates. This goes to show the innumerable opportunities that lie before us.”
TRRAIN’s initiative on building an inclusive retail work force has also received tremendous support from the industry.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Congress leader jailed for life in anti-Sikh riots case
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018