Inclusive livelihood program, Pankh - Wings of Destiny, wins prestigious award
October 10, 2018
Pankh- Wings of Destiny, a flagship initiative of Trust for Retailers and Retail Associates of India (TRRAIN) has won the prestigious CSR Impact Awards.
Started by B S Nagesh, TRRAIN works to improve the lives of retail employees, both at the workplace and at home. The Pankh program aims to build an an inclusive workforce by training and employing persons with disabilities in retail and hospitality roles.
Since it was launched, Pankh has created livelihood opportunities for nearly 10,000 people with disabilities. Their trainees have been placed in chains like DMart, Reliance Retail, Future Group, to name a few.
Speaking at the event, Nancy Desai, Director, Finance & Livelihood Programs, TRRAIN, reiterated the organization's commitment towards creating an inclusive world.
With each of our batches at Pankh, it is wonderful to witness how our and our partners' efforts have positively impacted the lives of thousands of our trainees and their families. To be recognized as the best livelihood program this year has only strengthened our belief that our vision of creating an inclusive world for all is slowly taking shape and bringing about an everlasting change. - Nancy Desai, Director - Finance & Livelihood Programs at TRRAIN
Pankh is the only inclusion program in the country that works towards ensuring placements for the trainees.
B S Nagesh, Founder, TRRAIN also pointed out that "94% of the organizations who have recruited our trainees feel extremely happy with their performance and continue to hire more persons with disabilities as they noticed that customers really didn't find a big difference in communicating with them and other associates. This goes to show the innumerable opportunities that lie before us."
TRRAIN's initiative on building an inclusive retail work force has also received tremendous support from the industry.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News