Inclusive livelihood program, Pankh - Wings of Destiny, wins prestigious award
October 10, 2018
Pankh- Wings of Destiny, a flagship initiative of Trust for Retailers and Retail Associates of India (TRRAIN) has won the prestigious CSR Impact Awards.
Started by B S Nagesh, TRRAIN works to improve the lives of retail employees, both at the workplace and at home. The Pankh program aims to build an an inclusive workforce by training and employing persons with disabilities in retail and hospitality roles.
Since it was launched, Pankh has created livelihood opportunities for nearly 10,000 people with disabilities. Their trainees have been placed in chains like DMart, Reliance Retail, Future Group, to name a few.
Speaking at the event, Nancy Desai, Director, Finance & Livelihood Programs, TRRAIN, reiterated the organization's commitment towards creating an inclusive world.
With each of our batches at Pankh, it is wonderful to witness how our and our partners' efforts have positively impacted the lives of thousands of our trainees and their families. To be recognized as the best livelihood program this year has only strengthened our belief that our vision of creating an inclusive world for all is slowly taking shape and bringing about an everlasting change. - Nancy Desai, Director - Finance & Livelihood Programs at TRRAIN
Pankh is the only inclusion program in the country that works towards ensuring placements for the trainees.
B S Nagesh, Founder, TRRAIN also pointed out that "94% of the organizations who have recruited our trainees feel extremely happy with their performance and continue to hire more persons with disabilities as they noticed that customers really didn't find a big difference in communicating with them and other associates. This goes to show the innumerable opportunities that lie before us."
TRRAIN's initiative on building an inclusive retail work force has also received tremendous support from the industry.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News