Meet the disabled man whose spontaneous dance has social media talking
"Who is he? What's his name? Truly inspiring & what a spirit!!! Hats off to him".
"Hats off to you..... Young man. You proved Disability is a state of mind can be countered by Will-Power."
These are the compliments Javed Choudhuri has been getting after a video of a spontaneous dance he broke into after finishing the Pune Half Marathon went viral.
Little did the 24-year old, who has one leg, know that his energetic dance to the peppy Zingat would become the talk of social media. Choudhari says he was happy after finishing the 10-km run and decided to celebrate it by dancing with his team members.
I was just enjoying myself and I never imagined that the video of the dance would go viral. We were all just having fun and I didn't think this was going to bring me fame. - Javed Choudhuri, Wheelchair basketball player
Choudhari is from Buldhana in Maharashtra, and currently lives in Pune where he is preparing for the civil service exams.
He is also a wheelchair basketball player and was the captain of the New Delhi team for two years. Presently he plays for the army's Maharashtra wheelchair basketball team, which won the gold medal at the Fifth National Wheelchair Basketball Championships at Erode, Tamil Nadu. Choudhari won the Man of the Series title as well.
Louis George, who is the Coach of the Maharashtra men's and women's wheelchair basketball team, says Choudhari shows great potential and has a great future.
"Javed radiates cheerfulness and enthusiasm wherever he goes. He is a positive-minded person who is a role model for all youngsters and a highly talented wheelchair basketball player."
Choudhari says he has been working hard at the game for three years. And the effort has paid off. This young man was recently selected for the national wheelchair basketball team, and will represent India at a tournament in Lebanon in November 2018. Clearly, this youngster is going to hit the headlines soon, once again.
In the meantime, watch the moves that has got everyone talking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk7tCieeKBU&feature=share
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News