Workshop On Social Stories
At the SOCH & NHS Hospital AUTISM CLINIC.
Social stories are an extremely powerful tool to help children/adults with ASD learn social skills, concepts, self care routines etc.
They help children with special needs understand the reasons behind any required behavior in varied situations... And hence help teach and reinforce appropriate behavior in children/adults with autism.
It'll be interactive and we will have the opportunity to actually practice writing social stories.
Who will benefit-
1)Caregivers of children /adults with autism and communication difficulties.
2)Educators working with children/adults with autism and communication difficulties
3)anyone counselling children/adults with autism and communication difficulties.
Our resource person Indrani Basu-
Runs national center of autism's(Action for autism/AFA) flagship parent child training programme (PCTP) and has trained over 400 families from across India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Pakistan ,UK, China, Kenya.
- Starts on: Saturday, 13 Oct 2018 at 10:00 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 13 Oct 2018 at 01:00 PM
- City: Jalandhar
- Location: NHS hospital (Kapurthala road
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: SOCH - The Autism Society of Punjab
- Organizer Phone: 8146079213, 94634 65208
- Organizer Website: https://www.facebook.com/SOCHAUTISM/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News