Workshop On Social Stories
At the SOCH & NHS Hospital AUTISM CLINIC.
Social stories are an extremely powerful tool to help children/adults with ASD learn social skills, concepts, self care routines etc.
They help children with special needs understand the reasons behind any required behavior in varied situations... And hence help teach and reinforce appropriate behavior in children/adults with autism.
It'll be interactive and we will have the opportunity to actually practice writing social stories.
Who will benefit-
1)Caregivers of children /adults with autism and communication difficulties.
2)Educators working with children/adults with autism and communication difficulties
3)anyone counselling children/adults with autism and communication difficulties.
Our resource person Indrani Basu-
Runs national center of autism's(Action for autism/AFA) flagship parent child training programme (PCTP) and has trained over 400 families from across India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Pakistan ,UK, China, Kenya.
- Starts on: Saturday, 13 Oct 2018 at 10:00 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 13 Oct 2018 at 01:00 PM
- City: Jalandhar
- Location: NHS hospital (Kapurthala road
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: SOCH - The Autism Society of Punjab
- Organizer Phone: 8146079213, 94634 65208
- Organizer Website: https://www.facebook.com/SOCHAUTISM/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News