Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
October 13, 2018
Dear NewzHook readers, thank you for liking and sharing our stories. Today we bring to you some more trending stories of the week that went by.
The Asian Para Games are going on in Jakarta and Indian para sportspersons are on a medal winning spree. Archer Harvinder Singh, Manish Narwal, Ekta Bhyan , Javelin thrower Sandeep Chaudhary are some of the gold winners for India. The brilliant performances have made India proud, hopefully the government will extend more support and assistances to our para sportspersons to encourage their talents.
The country is celebrating the festival of Navaratri- the nine days of goddess worship. The Samaj Sebi Sangha Puja has created a pandal accessible for visually impaired people .
We were also thrilled to see wheelchair basketball player Javed Choudhuri dancing after finishing the Pune Half Marathon. His spontaneous dance went viral on the social media.
Javed did make a lot of people smile with his positive attitude.
Thanks you for being a part of Newzhook. Keep reading for more of the latest news from around you.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News